Old 06-22-2020, 05:45 AM   #8
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
This just seems insane to me. And I guess anyone living in a 1st world country outside the US.

Interested to know your opinion on how this could have been avoided - is this your fault for not being properly insured? Were you financially in a position to be properly insured back then and chose not to be? If you're not paying it back, does the gov cover it or do the people/hospital who provided the medical services just not make any money on this and that's OK with you?
obamacare was mandated. i was making 20k a year at the time, which was too much money (lol) for me to get any type of "affordable" healthcare. the cheapest option available was like 100 a month, but granted compared to what i have now was amazing insurance. i signed up all through the website and did everything and filled out everything i needed to. got my insurance cards and paid money i couldn't spare to be insured, or else i would be fined and punished by the federal government.

when i went in to the hospital everything was fine and gravy, i had great insurance on paper, got a nice room had a 3 day stay involving surgery cutting teeth out of my skull and top tier meds.

by the time i started receiving bills, i was getting the full amount, nothing was covered, because some "form" was incomplete. i could not find what form was incomplete through the obamacare website, nor through the customer service of the health insurer that i was using off that website. nothing was covered, i was paying 100+ a month for no reason.

if you know these things from the beginning, or even if i had tried, you can work out payment plans directly with doctors and hospitals. you can pay as little as 20 dollars a month and they won't put it into collections. but i was disillusioned by the whole ordeal, i was like 23? didn't have credit anyways and just said fuck it, annoyed by the situation. i dropped my coverage altogether and decided the 700 dollar fine at the end of the year was cheaper than staying "insured".

but yea it couldve been avoided by having private insurance and not government mandated insurance which didnt work. it couldve been avoided by working out a payment plan. if they know you don't have insurance alot of costs are dropped substantially as well if you're paying cash. a doctors visit can cost like 50 bucks if you just pay them then. but if you let insurance do it its like 100-150. its all a racket.

it should all be privatized.