View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 06:51 PM   #6
Johnny 6 feet
Storyteller

Battle Record: 8-4

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League

Johnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant future

Vulgar- Very nice. Very nice indeed. You gave us a history lesson, the full backstory of how the picture came about and didn't swerve for a single line. You set the scene nicely and the change to the father's daughter was a nice gear change which was sudden, but not jarring. I liked the finish to the story which was in-keeping with social roles at the time. There was a lot of character development just in that small interaction. Vocab was strong, imagery was great. It's a shame you're subbing Vulgar, this league could really use you as a regular.

Adverse- Damn, I got chills. This was some horror movie stuff right here. It was an original idea to look as the picture as a literal painting and the woman inside frozen in place. The idea of her looking back at the people admiring the art was deep and dripping with atmosphere. The detail of the setting reflected the narrator's familiarity, and the punchline of 'I could never scream' was a great closer, both giving me an insight to her deepest desire and a horrific image guaranteed to stay with a reader for ages. Same as Vulgar; strong vocab, great imagery.

There was very little to call between this battle tbh. Both had great takes and a talent with words. But, after a lot of back and forth I'm giving this to...

Vote- Adverse, I liked her take just a little more. Great battle guys.