View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 08:15 PM   #37
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dull boy View Post
How would a, ‘word, phrase or descriptive sentence’ be any different than a picture in terms of minimizing ‘wiggle room’ creatively? Say the topic is orange, town, onomatopoeia or whatever ‘phrase/descriptive sentence’ you want to apply.. those could still be interpreted a myriad of different ways.
I don't really care much about min/max wiggle room tbh, I just don't think there's any challenge in a title cus that's basically what we all do anyways. I also find that it's easier to make older work fit with a title as opposed to a picture, meaning there will be way less battles people are able to cheap out on instead of writing something new using pictures. I know a lot have used older work in the past for title-topics and I think it detracts from the fun of it all, it's demotivating knowing it's being done by some. I personally think it's more challenging with a picture topic than a title as well, I find title-topics and writing to them lazy and cooke-cutter in comparison, you don't really have to think or process what you're gonna do with a title as much, phrases/quotes are debatable. You can wrap your head around it if you want but that's not the point I'm trying to make here. It's just bam, idea, bundle it together and people won't think of it much if you should steer a little bit away from the topic at hand, only thing that matters is that it's loosely related. It's just boring cus there's not as much depth to what you have to come up with in my opinion, and voters pay more attention to the writing and picture at hand. If shit isn't connected to the picture the whole piece just falls flat, doesn't seem to do so as much with titles. Pictures just makes for better battles overall.

@Exis: You're supposed to use the picture with the guy sitting over his computer in Diablo's first post in our battle as your topic. Write whatever you want but make it fit with the picture.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 03-08-2020 at 08:32 PM.