Old 02-17-2019, 11:28 AM   #17
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by boof View Post
of course the caravan is a real crisis, for those people. not an illegal american border crossing crisis. literally the caravan that came is not that unusual, im sure you know that. illegal crossings are at a low, and the timing as already discussed is completely disingenuous. because like i said, its a fake crisis(illegal border crossing) and we neeed to be talking about what we did to these countries(actual crisis) and how mothers are getting less than half of their children back that were separated at the border and the ones they're getting back aren't even theirs(actual crisis)

it pains me that we're even talking about this circus instead of anything real
its because this circus actually affects the american people though. i'm with you in thinking its fucked all the terrible shit happening abroad, i just don't think that we as taxpayers should care enough about it to fund any attempts at fixing it, because we are ridiculously bad at intervening in those types of matters

like this fiasco with venezuela, huge misstep by the trumpster

but the actual topic at hand, if we're only looking at the number of apprehensions to consider it a crisis then sure, compared to 20 years ago its way down. but its still 400k people (ACTUALLY apprehended, not counting those that make it), and the world is a different place than it was in 2000. one main thing you seemed to forget was drugs. i've seen articles talking about how the majority come through legal ports of entry, but they also gloss over the fact that the initial 5.7 billion number wasn't just to build the wall, but hire more border agents. im assuming that 8 billion number he gets from declaring it an emergency would also hire more border agents

again i don't think ANY of it will work lol. but thats besides the point. if you are on the political spectrum that sides with not even acknowledging the term "illegal immigrant", any number of illegal border crossings don't present a crisis to you, because you don't think its illegal in the first place.

the same media that claims its a fake crisis, (even though you named 3 different crisis' that all stem from this "non-crisis") doesnt even use the correct terminology lol. (undocumented immigrants lol wtf, they're ILLEGALS)