- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS View Post
I’d argue all those outside factors effect our emotional side, not our rational one, or our logical one(we don’t think differently, in terms of logic, just that we think with less logical thought), so we still choose are actions, because we act through will not passion. If you act off of passion and not logic, I suppose you could say you didn’t “choose” what you based your action on, but you still decided to act how you did. “Free-will” is just being able to choose your actions by yourself. If not the universe is deterministic, which can’t be true because we have reason.
But it's not deterministic. Think of what goes on when making a decision - every variable is already in place and your choice isn't so much a choice as it is a reflection of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
oh an I thought the deterministic theory was already debunked in studies on identical and fraternal twins separated at birth

its nature vs nurture

there is intrinsic behavioral cognitive capabilities that are completely hereditary and ignore external stimuli as evidenced in the studies on the twins who were raised in completely separate environments and essentially became the same people
I'm a bad explainer, but I'm not subscribed to any sort of determinism. It's just nature + nurture are things that are beyond your control
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote