- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualm View Post
This is basically just the same as people who believe that there are infinite universes with an infinite number of timelines, and that time being viewed as the present/past is just your perspective since everything is all happening at once. You’re experiencing a single timeline where all the outcomes have already been determined, and an infinite number of sharps are all on their own timelines making different decisions. I wouldn’t call it pseudointellectualism since there’s plenty of physicists who are working to prove this, but obviously it doesn’t have nearly as much conclusive evidence for it as something like evolution. Good post
I wouldn't call it multiple timelines since that's very theoretical (seeing as we can only prove one timeline exists) and this is just applied to what's happening in our very real lives.

I don't know enough about multiple timelines to say how this relates to one specific timeline in those theories tbh. Glad you like it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
i think this is another thing sam harris espouses to tie it into the other thread

i don't buy it but i get it. its mainly the contrarian in me. like FUCK THAT i'll stab myself right now. but then i think well maybe i was predestined to be that big of an asshole to stab myself to try and prove im in control of my DESTINY

at which point i think hey, maybe. and then continue on with life
I had the same thought when this was mentioned to me. But you didn't stab yourself right now. The contrarian in you is why you want to think that for the sake of a rhetorical argument, but at its core, I'm just saying that everything that informs our choices has already happened, meaning we can't really call our choices a product of truly free will

It's more of a semantics than philosophical argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bolo View Post
I have the free will to come in this thread and tell you to stfu....fuck its like Believcees.org around this bitch lately....I'm about to create some drama just to distract you from this BS, goddamn you veritas...
Like I said to uh-oh, it's the fact that everything about you that led you to come into this thread is already set. You were going to come into a brand new thread to post some of this shit because:

-personal - you're a still the negative attention lover who likes to antagonize this forum and start shit
-past experiences - your personal and boarding experience, which informs your decisions, and in some ways you're the product of our own unavoidable decisions
-external stimuli - I made this thread

So what part of that has you freely choosing to come here and make this post? You're compelled to come here and say this because of factors beyond your current control
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote