Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
an amen id encourage u to study what it is u think u believe in because u sound lost my guy

no shots or jabs......just doesnt sound like u have established a strong foundation for the belief system u are operating with

u cant believe in Darwinian evolution AND the Hebrew creator God Yahwey

they directly contradict eachother. you can do some maneuvering and rationalizing to try and create an amalgamation of the two but then you have something different.

which is fine if that's what you believe to be true.........but that is not the catholic ideology that you are claiming and worshipping in church every sunday.

believing in god like santa clause ..... like god is an archetype or a symbol .... is going to be incredibly difficult if you cant come to terms with the claims of creation as factual history

none of us think santa is "real" in the sense that he actually exists as anything other than a tradition or symbol for Christmas ... so while we can still enjoy the concept and it is real in a metaphysical sense ull never be able to truly claim genuine belief in santa because u believe he is fake....but believe that carrying on the tradition has value....regardless of whether or not he exists in reality.

if your only conception of God is a man made system of moral traditions built to enrich the lives of people in society how can u ever justify god as an objective reality>?
Yea, what it boils down to is me actually finding the time to dig deep. I think in all honesty - my beliefs are forced only because as a child I was raised in a very religious home with family who are and still current bible freaks. So I think it's just because it's always been routine, I still continue to force myself for to the kids. As far as Santa, it was an analogy comparing my beliefs with god as a child believes in Santa. I believe in god but question the whole he created everything out of nothing as a child will always ask - how does he travel the world in one night type of thing. It is only when they get older they realize, he doesn't exist and the shit is made up. However, as a child I never questioned the theory of GOD's creation. It's when I got older and started to realize religion and science negate one another.

But word, you may be right about the whole lost thing. Or just maybe I should stop forcing myself and actually look in to something, IDK. Seems like a true commitment I am not ready to take.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote