- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
Just so I am clear, you went from a no, then thought about your whole life and now say, maybe.

But maybe is not enough.

Have I correctly articulated your mind so far Jude?
No. Here’s the deal. A great claim, such as “the Christian god exists,” requires some pretty good evidence for me to accept it as truth. I have to believe in magical powers, resurrection, and a host of other supernatural claims. As far as what evidence there is, you’ve got your Bible, and you have historical record. Those aren’t bad. But, you have the same stuff existing around Greek gods, stories of their exploits and existence, stories of them interacting with humans of the time. I don’t believe Zeus existed anymore than Yahweh. The evidence is pretty much the same.
As far as the no vs the maybe, i lean heavily towards the no. But, I don’t know, and can’t know, so I have to concede that it stays at maybe. I’ll give you the maybe. But, following the maybe, I have to say that I’ve never seen anything personally that would lead me to believe that it was yes, and were I to see that, I would believe it, I’m not closed off to belief following what I would consider to be substantive proof.
Does that make sense to you?
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote