Old 10-12-2018, 09:02 PM   #157
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
a lot to unpack here

i've competed at some decent level stuff and had the superfight. the ibjjf can go fuck itself and i'm too old for adult worlds anyway, would have to be in master's 1 or 2. i prefer sub only in the gi which is hard to find, especially down here. usually have to travel and i have little desire to travel for a hobby that isn't paying me.

i should get the bb within a year or two depending, at which point i'll be 36 or 37. still young enough to handle most young guys unless they're at my level. i do watch some events but as you know, they aren't very entertaining for most people, hence grappling's lack of success to translate into money. eddie just ruined EBI btw - he's ditching the format and making it even more 10th planet friendly bc all he honestly cares about is making his affiliates/system look good, so yeah, no more sub only and instead silly fake mma.

thankfully, quintet has become the new hot thing and the ruleset is both excellent and attracting big names (plus they fucking pay). it's also fun to watch because you can't fight for a draw (which is almost always what happens at the upper levels of the sport) - you both lose if nobody is ahead by the end, which can really fuck with the team dynamic of the event. check it out sometime.
word i think i heard matt serra talking about that, where basically a team of 4 guys faces a team of 4 guys, 1 at a time. if the first guy from team A beats the first guy from team B, he continues and fights the second guy from team B, and stays in until he is beat.

sounded pretty dope.

also word, i get eddie bravos standpoint though just because he's always claimed that he was trying to make a jiu jitsu that translated to mma. in the sense that alot of moves would leave you open to elbows/strikes while going for it. i just think its goofy to have "combat jiu jitsu" because its basically mma. oh now you can palm strike, well why can't you elbow? if your going to add striking why limit it. i get the focus is still jiu jitsu but it makes more sense to be either or.

but yea, im a fan of jiu jitsu practitioners in mma, and can follow alot of whats going on, little shit, not to the level of someone trained but i see the oh whys he holding his wrist like that, oh shit with his arm down there this is gonna get nasty i see what he's setting up type shit. so i thought actual bjj events could be dope, but im thinking if they both are at the same level it won't be as fun for a dope to watch because its gonna be alot of negating eachother

which is also why i thought the sub only things would be dope because then their forced to go for shit and be open to counters as well

but yea i dunno. i'll probably look into it one day and peep some classics