Thread: NBA PLAYOFFS
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 05:54 PM   #369
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs finals is the only black mark on his record. He's been the underdog, Vegas wise, in every Finals he hasn't won. Maybe he was favored Heat v. Spurs II cant remember.

Someone's opinion of LeBron is really just a litmus test for whether they're analytics based or hot take based. By statistical metrics he's clearly the second best player of all time. But if you want to make impossible to prove arguments about killer instinct or clutchness or whatever other nonsense then yeah, you can strawman the hell out of him. Or try to say he's a cry baby, even though every NBA player bitches about calls and he's the most durable/toughest player in the league, physically.

For reference, Jordan's Bulls were favored in all 6 of his Finals. LeBron has been favored in 2 of 9. Now there could be some circular logic in this defense of LeBron, as in Jordan is better BECAUSE he was favored every time. But the fact is, you need context for everything. Is Lionel Messi a worse player when he loses in the World Cup than he is when he's winning leagues and tourneys for Barcelona? No. It's just the breaks with roster construction and team dynamics.

I'm no huge Lebron/Cavs stan. I just think his haters getting worked up to shit on him when they could just enjoy a literal GOAT candidate for 15+ years is funny.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...rt-his-legacy/
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote