Thread: DADCEES Q2 2018
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 01:16 PM   #39
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
General consensus from what I’ve heard is not to go to school specifically for game design. You’d be better off going for computer science.

If you want to make games and be happy than working for a big company isn’t a great path imo. I’d just stick to what you’re doing if you like it and try to mess with game design as a hobby and see where it goes. Changing from engineering to game design is a big adjustment and not worth the negatives if you don’t like it. A lot of people think they will and then can’t get their heads around coding.
Realism is my favorite. This is exactly the advice required. It's more of just a specific project in my head, but the fact is that it will probably never be brought to fruition. It's a cool concept imo tho kinda like Bully except more open and RPG like. MMO high school or something lol esp w/ VR where it's at and will be going.

Btw, are there any games u have done work on that I can play now? I play console so I'm a pleb, my PC can barely run TWD Telltale

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote