View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 11:04 PM   #17
ACTIVATE SELF

Battle Record: 2-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

ACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant future

Quote:
write sober, edit drunk;
yet why even distinguish between the two states of mind
when they combine?
purported sobriety is merely intoxication
with the oscillating false paradigm of reality
thus if three addicts see
each other simultaneously in the eye is it pineal?
I know you're more of a live performance, spoken word type of writer, than you are a run-of-mill textcee. Thus, I can easily see how your rhythmic inners translate off the page and on to the stage. Some of the above is a little baffling and I'm still mediating on the third-eye part, but all in all, I dig it.

Quote:
it's real if you know yourself;
such is the law of solipsism
The word "solipsism" alone expressed everything you just said. But, I suppose that was kind of the point, huh? Anyway, existential themes are sort of my bread and butter, so now you have my full attention.

Quote:
but knowing what it isn't
is not mutually exclusive to knowing what is, true.
Facts.

Quote:
i've got issues you can't picture, trust.
find scar tissue that i wish to cut.
in the windiest gust my sword-arm stiffens up
and i can't piss enough.
i'm lit. i'm love. i'm it, i'm drugs;
salvador's matador pushing the crimson lips apart
for art imitates life limitates heart in the indifferent
quasar of your strained insistent existence.
You're flow is spotless and fluent and your shredded imagery is artfully rendered. The exact meaning over your content is ponderous, but in a fascinating way. I can probably decoded its nherent purpose, but I'll have to look closer than I am now in order to do so.

Quote:
talk. i'll fain to listen.
feign fibbing angel inveigle whispers
but mere mellifluous honeyed words
coaxing your coquettish tongue
to twist 'til it's lost its flavour spun
around your cerebrum
waiting for occam's razor to undo the occult favour.
Soooo deceit and trickery perpetrated via divine intervention? Got it. However, is there an underlying metaphor beyond just that? I assume that there must be.
But. Hmmmm. Idk. In any case, I'm digging how you're bending the words and their syllables to your will. The vocabulary, although dense, adds an extra level of enjoyment to the read as well.

Quote:
but you give yourself. you do.
every spent soul imbued
with self-loathing,
sense soaked in dew
from the previous evening's aqueous breathing.
Slick transitional wordplay. I thought you were clever in the way you streamlined the water element into a functional component that fits well within the boubds of your concept.

Quote:
i’m actually leaving: in your hands, take my whole life,
blow thrice for luck and throw dice
– i’m fucked... but i’m alright.
just tryna find a raison d’etre,
or reason to better… myself or simply reason!
Lol you define the words you're using while you're actually using them. Pretty cool.

Last edited by ACTIVATE SELF; 03-05-2018 at 08:39 AM.
ACTIVATE SELF is offline   Reply With Quote