Old 02-24-2018, 09:39 AM   #27
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour joog View Post
Everyone thinks their country is special or different but it's not. What works in one country will work in another give time. if everyone had guns here there'd be more of the same. People are people.
they really aren't though. sure at our base level people are people, but culture plays an enormous factor

like japan being mentioned in this thread. they are a homogeneous culture. i mean hell they were isolationists for the longest, but it bred into them similar ideals, and pride in their nation.

america is different, you can't pretend to think america is like anywhere else. the first bit of "history" we learn is about how we rebelled against our government and "freed" ourselves from tyranny, and that it is our duty to uphold that tradition. we are a "melting pot" and all that nonsense. the problem with a melting pot is the ingredients don't want to mix. thats what takes time. iron melts at a different temperature than copper. etc.

we have swathes of different cultures and it is why we can be so divided

for some it seems like the easiest thing in the world to just say yea ban all guns wtf? because guns aren't a part of their reality. but i grew up with a 357 in my dresser, (my dads) had a 22 rifle and shit when i was like 11. i'd stay over at friends houses as a kid and they had shotguns and shit themselves just from the "hunting" culture. it was nothing. like oh shit thats cool man. we all knew these instruments could take our lives, but so could jumping out the window. it was just another thing

the main irritant in all of this is just the ignorance honestly. whether its a ban on "assault" style weapons because they have a pistol grip, or the belief someone is invincible with a shitty ar-15 because the bullets fly faster than a handguns lol. its just goofy

this is the one issue that could definitely lead to civil war in america.

best case scenario for the left is they ban the manufacture and sale of future weapons, and hell doesn't break loose. worst case scenario, they try to take the millions of "assault style" rifles already on the street, and america as we know it is over