View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 11:28 AM   #9
Sammy

Champed
- Write Week 7

Sammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant futureSammy has a brilliant future

ender - man i remember many battles between you and cormier back in PR. You've always been content first and techniques second. But this recent emergence has seen you in rare form. Content is still there but you've def up your technical side. there were things i liked and things i didn't like about this verse. dug the traditional narrative style. there were very unique attention to details that may be overlooked on first glance but shit like
Quote:
You two ruined my sport, it took me an age to get Mrs Steele
She’s real into her husband, though I don’t get the appeal
very organic. and i dug this allegorical world youve created with references to literary entities.

The problem i had was that this piece is very much dependent on past effort. I don't think the legs are strong enough to stand alone. There wasn't any real resolution either as we are left with another "on next week's episode..." I've always thought serials are bad ideas in arenas like this. i've seen people try it before and i felt it did not work.

Self - alright let's get the bad out the way. As rude pointed out earlier, the mechanics, especially spelling errors was very uncharacteristic of you. you're usually very tight on that. That aside, i enjoyed this very much. I think the standout of this verse was the descriptive language. its easy to be excessive when writers get into descriptions but here it was done skillfully. the plot was pretty easy to follow. Before u mentioned apocolaypto, i was reminded of the godfather when Santino was killed and Don Corleone and Michael prep for war with the 5 families. Cohesive and appropriately told. cool.

vote/ Self. i felt you both told a story but went in a complete opposite in terms of writing style. one preferred terse dictions while the other opted for a more expressive approach. to me, it came down to enjoyment factor. with that said, i cast my vote to Self. I felt he created a vibrant world where as Ender was too dependent on past installments. Furthermore i did not feel it ended on a championship match type level.
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote