View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 10:12 PM   #3
Artifice

Battle Record: 17-9

Champed
- Art Of Writing League
- GWL Picture Challenge

Artifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant future

Truly appreciate the mag sir. It's understandable why you've chosen to step away, this season dwindled quickly and the playoffs seem eerily quiet. I'd like to think it means everyone's working hard on their verses, but I highly doubt it.

Personally, I've appreciated what you and @asylum have done this season. I got an email from this site on my old account, decided to come back after 3+ years of not writing at all, and have enjoyed every minute of it. While things have changed quite a bit over the years, it's nice to see a small pocket of people who are still willing to put time and effort into this hobby.

I hope you stick around, even if it is under an alias. Maybe there's not enough time/drive to keep a topical league going constantly. Maybe tournaments are more the way to go? I know there's still a bunch of topical writers who frequent the site but haven't competed this season (@Certain, @PancakeBrah, @quaker oats, @dead man, etc) and some who only competed one or two weeks (@sraL, @Witty, @Pinot Grij) but maybe we could get them to sign onto a tourney. I also saw that @Richard Corey posted in the discussion the other day, it'd be cool if joined up for a tourney if he still writes.

To my fellow playoff competitors, let's dial it in, pick up the slack and end this season on a high note.

On an unrelated note, I am not an alias. Well, I am, but I already said I used to go by MaGiC years ago. I never competed much except on netcees in 2011-2012, but I've been around since 04-05 on freestyling.com and rapleagues. I was on 411hype, b-boys for a bit (as both magic at one point and as Escamoteur for a topical tourney) and even project rhyme and bragginwrites. I've been around, mostly just in open mics. But I feel like I'm writing right now as good as I've ever written, despite just coming back.

Also, if anyone feels like collabing on an open mic piece whenever, shoot me a PM. I'm always down to write (right now at least).