View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 06:50 PM   #11
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Breath - I liked this verse even if it seemed more braggadocios or flex than topical. I normally hate when people break a sentence into two lines for rhymes sake, but you did it the purpose of showcasing multis, so it actually worked here for once. As for the premise, I took the verse simply as a man who is waiting to die, but has some sort of knowledge, or at least believes he knows something everyone else doesn't. I know that's vague and I'm probably missing something pretty big in there, but either way this was an enjoyable verse that flowed well and just killed in the cadence department.

Zee - This was a cool story, but in all honesty I didn't like the ending. Having Jackie write something on his car could have worked if it were more powerful, but your ending as is came off a tad cheesy. flow was on point and imagery was the star. You progressed the story extremely well and did your thing overall, creating a verse I rather enjoyed due to it's simplicity and it's carnal voyage.

This is a very tough vote, I almost feel bad for breaking the tie. You both wrote a verse you can be proud of, and you'd each likely have won against any of the other 6 verses I read or so. But in the end, Breathless left a longer lasting impression

v/ Breathless

His cadence and loose format were a tick better than a lustful story done extremely well.

breathe up 4-3

TUPAC SHAKUR