View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 06:12 AM   #19
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

I change addictions like underwear, addicted to nothing but addiction itself
In my youth writing was my life, I felt like diction was wealth
But how can I make people like my writing when I'm sick of myself?
So I write a few lines upon the page and then it sits on the shelf
Because I can't decide who I want to be, it's ridiculous...help!

Nice. i can probly relate, & am entertained^ lol

I feel like a prisoner but the prison's in stealth

You are better than this line though^ Witty... not a fan of prison's in stealth phrase
recently i had thought of a few lines in mind related to insomnia. I'm sure i'll put them on freewrite soon.
Nothing but your broken promises.
You dust me off with top-button scoffs and cold-shoulder politics.

good stuff.

I like the clever rhymes structure of first stanza -- i.e. break beats/ rain bleeds/ nape's crease/ taste creeps
and falling flat on our faces, swollen from restlessness.
Absolved through our penitence, sorrow and reverence,

^
This is cool but I.m.o. you must have a pretty good delivery to pull that off. I like these two lines better on the page than verbal... poetic those 2 lines... It is bold move to use the word restlessness so props on pushing the limits if you can do it.
Translation: I like the first stanza but not those 2 lines
I like this piece.. I'm not usually the greatest judge of themes and content, but If I had to give you an opinion of my slight "knock" on it...I'd say it's a little difficult to find the major theme and coherence in the collaboration when stanza #2 is put between 1&3..
Maybe because Certain's is a bit deeper and metaphorical / moods, while Witty's slightly more literal and explanatory-
It's okay though, it's fun to see the mix, I just mean that the fabric in the thread does not immediately stand out, so to speak

good chit, overall good flows - per usual with u 2, despite some nitpicks from me and others

Last edited by Pharaohs Army; 02-28-2016 at 06:25 AM.
Pharaohs Army is offline   Reply With Quote