View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 08:36 AM   #24
KOSMOSIS
Banned

KOSMOSIS drags down this site on a Masaii-levelKOSMOSIS drags down this site on a Masaii-levelKOSMOSIS drags down this site on a Masaii-levelKOSMOSIS drags down this site on a Masaii-levelKOSMOSIS drags down this site on a Masaii-levelKOSMOSIS drags down this site on a Masaii-levelKOSMOSIS drags down this site on a Masaii-levelKOSMOSIS drags down this site on a Masaii-levelKOSMOSIS drags down this site on a Masaii-levelKOSMOSIS drags down this site on a Masaii-levelKOSMOSIS drags down this site on a Masaii-level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraze View Post
Another thing I never understood about a certain type of Christian. If the point is to spread God's message to people, why do it in a way that alienates the majority of people from ever being open minded to your point? Is the point really to convince people, or do you just enjoy yelling at people to repent like a crazy person?

This is a good question, and a tricky question, but one still with an answer. You never want to conform the Word to the world unless you can absolutely help it. These mega-church preachers who only smile and talk about God loves you they may put butts in the seat, but they are confirming the Word to the world.

Where as real preaching should convict a man to confirm to the world.

I choose this second path because as the Word says

2 Corinthians 4
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

now,

remember that aside from this, it doesnt really matter how a preacher comes at you, if you are blinded you aint receiving it. Also, I full well realize that you can catch more flies with honey, but at the root of it, no man wants to hear about how he is destined to eternal death. so it doesnt matter how the preacher (if he is really a preacher, who must preach the whole word) comes at him.....

This is why you may think that I am yelling, or maybe yelling bothers you.

let me ask you something....growing up, did you ever yell at anyone? did you ever yell at any one you loved?
KOSMOSIS is offline   Reply With Quote