oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junto View Post
You also went to a reputable school as I remember... & you been out for quite some time
Your experience 5-10 years ago is not the same experience you'd find today

I'm not a headline cheerleader man, that's buffoonery. The reports are based on 'statistics', not feelings.
So the theoretical and practical 'average person' who studies ECE makes $25K more out the gate than the same 'average person' amongst creative writing scholars
the problem with that analysis is this: what are the type of people who want to study creative writing, compared to the type who go into, say, engineering? It isn't the degree that is making more money, it is the person behind the degree. correlation and causation. take lazy John Doe who studies philosophy because he's a stoner, give him a degree in anything else, he doesn't magically form into a high-quality job candidate. it's just that the people who seek to make lots of money (and have that as a goal entering college) don't go into those fields. still emphasizes the same point: the person matters more than the degree.

I'll save my rant on stats for another time, but know there are abundant statistical fallacies. Or, as Mark Twain said: "There are lies, damned lies, and then statistics."