View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 12:45 AM   #11
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

I really liked the interpretation, and the whole make a wish part was enthralling. I particularly wasn't fond of the ending, but it nevertheless was a fine read. Although, some of the rhymes felt stagnant, like the parts where you rhymed with contractions, but it wasn't frequent. And the reason I wasn't fond of the ending because it felt urgent, and yet drawn out. But, everything before the climax was really well drawn out, and enjoyable. But, when the villagers got involved it became a little bit too predictable and wasn't as enthralling as the other parts.
I particularly liked the Indiana Jones type of action scene, I thought you depicted it well. I also believed the section where the genie came and granted the wish was a fun read, but I did think that part could have been expanded upon more, mostly because of the possibilities. Which, is one of the reasons that the ending disappointed me because you created this great tale, but then it became somewhat stale. Nevertheless, this was a worthy read, and good imaginative take on the topic.

Thanks for the read.