View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 01:55 AM   #6
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Zen: You've adopted this style, and it is becoming your coin of choice to expound on the emotional side of journaling which you excel in. As soon as I see it, it strikes me simplistic but in a flawless way. It reads like a short story that grasps the reader with the content that Zen is feeling. Or perhaps you may not be feeling, but have traversed those emotional imprints at one point. And so you use them like any reader would, but what sets you apart is that it is one of your primary fuels to try to explain whatever it is you are trying to, by focusing your attention not so much on the language, but on the resonance that you can pour into the writing. Also I found the ending comical, considering the contents of last week's magazine. "Sad is Zen". If you are sad, cheer up my friend.

Certain: There are some things you did not do a good job at explaining. Perhaps I missed it, I am quite sleepy at the moment. But, who is the narrator sending those letters to? Also, I'm questioning that if the last new entry is really a relapse or is it just a reordering of the events so that you showed day 1 last. Instead, of beginning a new numeration. If it is the latter explanation, I think that is quite a cunning way of delivering such a platonic account. Albeit, some of the writing was strong and did manage to oppose many of Zen's strong suits. The format almost did a mimicry of your opponent, and both reads blended well, when read back to back. Although, this is definitely not you at your strongest ability, the content itself and its rearrangement was still sometimes impactful, in a greater scope than Zen's. Although, both were personal yours had more relatability to me.

Vote: Certain

Thank you both