View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 04:50 PM   #20
Just C

Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKE LESNAR View Post
If you're saying that the Eminem in that acapella is the same Eminem we've been hearing for the past 14 years, since MMLP then I've got nothing for you. That's the Eminem from the underground/SSEP/SSLP/Soundbombing days. And if you're telling me the Eminem from that time period was boring then I'll pass on a debate.

There is no doubt that the Eminem in that acapella can hang with the top tier battlers of today. I see his influence in nearly every one of my favorites.
No. I used to fuck with Eminem around the late 90's/early to mid 2000's.

There's a difference between going back to a style and doing it well. It just doesn't sit with me. There's also a difference between going back to a style and still sounding fresh and relevant to the times.

It's his age, his delivery and his insistence on recycling the same references he was using in his "My name is" and "Real Slim Shady Days"

I'm shocked he doesn't mention the back street boys or Britney tbh.

I just don't think he's evolved. Don't wanna sound douchy net critic, wtf am I? and it's only music, but he seems lost and confused on wtf he's "supposed to be" at this stage in his life. It's like he too busy tryna please people rather than take a natural course.

Everyone takes something different away when they listen to music or view how an artists conducts himself.

Thats just how he comes across to me when he raps.

Like I said if people like it, cool. I'm just not buying it. I'm not seeing what others are seeing.

I mean look at Royce. He been around just as long yet he still sounds as fresh, natural and credible as he ever has, at least to me.

Maybe it's the fact ems style is so strong and in your face and more suited to a 20 year old than a man in his early to mid 40's. He's too distinct and ridgid limiting his life span.

inb4 RARRARRARBLASPHEMYFAGG0T!
Just C is offline   Reply With Quote