View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 05:41 AM   #6
theMuzzl3

Battle Record: 2-6

theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3

Copypat (almost spelled your name as somebody else's):

The first few lines did not stick with your theme, they were more talking about you dodging feds and shit. However, you did continue the rest of your verse in the 1st person.

I liked your theme. 64 bit James Bond. You made the theme, and stuck to it. At no point did you stray from it. Your execution of your theme was great, but lacked structure in ways.

I think that more creativity could have been used, in regards of the given picture. Look at how the rail ways meet and seem to turn around. Look at the crosswalk being missing where the rails are laid. Look at the time on the watch, and the buildings. Your writing theme strayed too far from the picture and didn't even metaphorically refer to it in spots that it could have.

Over all score = 5/10

Pinot_Grij

I feel like your first lines were great, and had nothing to do with the midst part of it. In the middle, it seemed to be more of a response to Copypat's verse. Over-all, you killed it. It was dope. It seemed like you were trying more to battle than to write a topical or original verse. The last line was good, it brought the beginning part back to the end.

Over-all structure was great. The theme could have been targeted more towards the picture and less towards battling Copypat's writing. The creativity in your first few lines could have been carried over in that theme, rather than going off on video game names & characters.

Grammar: not sure why its "I can tell we were meant to be without even meeting you" instead of "I can tell that i was meant to be without even meeting you"

Over all score = 6/10

In the end, I'm going to vote for writing style, so:

/v Pinot_Grij
theMuzzl3 AKA Malibu's Most Wanted

Last edited by theMuzzl3; 10-04-2014 at 05:47 AM.