View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 01:55 AM   #11
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Bags: You had a lot of good things going on with this verse. The only miss was the Saints line, and everything was personal and worded really well. Also, your rhymes were strong, though a few carryover rhymes could have helped. Nothing was so creative it knocked me off my feet, but they were all solid blows. My favorite was the half moon line. It seemed like you had a couple more lines in you with the momentum you built up, which is the problem with 10-line battles. I was impressed.

Swerve: I had some issues with your opening two lines. First, velocity isn't a point of speed, it's another word for speed. And second, Bags has talked quite a bit about how he had to shave his beard for work since coming back. The Triforce line was really good, though, arguably the best of the battle. (I have absolutely no idea if that's been done, but I'm going on the impression that it hasn't.) I really liked the closer, too. You might have had the two best lines of the battle, and this was a good battle. But you weren't consistent enough.

Vote: Bags