Old 07-15-2014, 06:49 AM   #149
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
when you say basslines? u mean from a guitar or

and word good to know i sampled it right? how does it overral sound then.

and so ive sampled these two beats, i feel like they uncomplete .

should i go onto the next one, ig just to practice til u can get that vid up? i mean i can always practice. just not sure what to move onto next
basslines, yes they can be from bass guitar, hip hop also uses synth basses

and yea you can move onto the next ones, just keep chopping samples and arranging patterns and doing drums etc

im going to want to teach you more complicated chops eventually but before that i can teach you other ins and outs

piano roll programming, be it drums or virtual instruments like bass.

mixing, and how to use the mixer

mixing is like a whole area in an of itself, there is the "theory" i guess you would call it. like the basic set of rules for hip hop. kicks and snares in the forefront being loud, bass centered/mono etc. shit like that

but then you also have like effects and shit. how to use filters, eq's, compression stuff like that

ill get more into those things once i teach that i'll go to 2 beat and 1 beat chops

and remember you can take 2 bar, and 4 bar chops as well

its all about what you hear when you listen to a sample. there might be a dope 2 bar loop, and you play it 3 times, and then a 1 bar loop twice for a change up

the possibillities are endless