View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 06:29 AM   #5
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Soul- your ability to tell a story, fluidly, is superb. You never faltered, nothing more than minor any way, just a smooth read. I like how you painted the picture, but that wasn't the focal point, it was the characters in the painting rather. Dope story of theft, mobsters, shoot outs, death, police chase and getaway. The conversation sequences were nice as well, this is tough to write as one of either flow or natural dialogue are usually sacrificed or over played. You found that happy medium. I enjoyed the read my friend, when all was said and done I wish there was more meat in the middle, more details on the shoot out our just expanding in general. That's a plus, it's much better than me reading and disliking, and not wanting to read again because it wasn't good. Ive read yours a few times and still enjoy it.

Merc- so I originally thought the woman you spoke of was mother earth, I'm now second guessing myself because you gave her character actions....hmm. I took the Verse as, the woman, being each of our inner demon, and how we love her ways, the evil tendencies, the beauty; yet we are one with her and accept the chaos WE are. Her and I, are one, the beautiful struggle, kind hearted and evil. The writing itself is dope. The transition in flow alone is seamless, easy and quit frankly how I wish I could move. But in the end, the vagueness plays against you here.

Clash of two different styles, story vs topical, both written with the highest of skill in there own rights. I thoroughly enjoyed both reads like 6 times each, no lie.

Voting soul

Jm lyrically killed his topic, but to me was off topic a bit, if that makes sense. A tad more focus would have sealed the victory. Souls narrative was written just as smooth, but the cohesiveness locked in the vote

TUPAC SHAKUR

Last edited by Adonis; 05-17-2014 at 06:46 AM.