View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #7
Bladed Thesis
ExSol Meets HolyIsh

Battle Record: 4-2

Bladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant futureBladed Thesis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead man View Post
nice to see you haven't missed a step.

you always had a very aggressive style. apparently its timeless because it fits right in with the zeitgeist of open mic even to this day. I'm assuming you wrote this recently but i really have no way to be sure.

original word choices. rhythmically sound, your writing has personality which many people actually struggle to project. the whole piece was a touch autobiographical and mainly flexing to reintroduce yourself to the culture and the community. as you may have already seen, you've made a lasting name for yourself but it will not keep you in the books for long. many people survive off their legacy while absent and make a less-than grandiose return only to be cast aside. time is strange like that.

fortunately for you, you have the gift of consistency on your side.

interested in seeing something more introspective or focused from you. maybe something less broadly focused. there were a couple lines in here i thought were weaker than the rest, such as

anybody giving flattery gets no backup so if you're mad at me get blown.

and you're completely stable in your grounded worry, kid.

and a few others not even worth mentioning..

but overall, really great to see you back in action old friend. its a refreshing feeling.

keep on it. thanks

Appreciated it, dude. Lazy lines are from me just typing this up quick and keying up on the rhyme scheme I had in my head. Eh, sometimes you write something to just perpetuate the scheme. It's good to be back and we'll see how this text shit goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ra. View Post
Good to see you here and participating in the league. Looking forward to seeing your work. I'd say this reads like your introduction to the site and I actually liked what you did here. Rhyming was on point, solid scheme. You really started picking up near the mid part of the first section, which I felt was the strongest part. Some cool lil references in there. I'm definitely interested in seeing what you come up with here and in the league.

Good stuff.
Thanks for the feed. I'm looking forward to being in the league and seeing what happens afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Wise Ways View Post
reminded me of a copy pat with less multies

good stuff doe
This feedback reminded me of a circular argument with less content.

Good feed doe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick View Post
Dope I remember yu

Stick around
I don't remember the name but, hey, if you tell me some of your old names, who knows. Thanks for the feed.
Bladed Thesis is offline   Reply With Quote