View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 04:14 AM   #4
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Karaoke: I liked the opener, even if quoting a 6-month-old line is a bit of a cheap tactic. I thought you blew the Hush line with a poor setup and phrasing. The line about being qualified to post in his thread basically was ripped from a tag on that thread. The closer was solid and topical. There weren't any bad misses here, but the middle eight lacked any real impact. Most of the wording was solid, except for that Hush line, which might have been your best concept of the battle. It was nice that none of the lines were generic.

Aero: The concept behind the opener was outstanding, but the wording behind it made it not feel like an actual punch. So he eats microwave dinners? The only personal to any degree was the setup for the line about school dances, and even that begins, "Fuck personals." Additionally, that seemed like a bit of a feed off Karaoke's verse. The sleep number line would have worked better in a swag-and-flow verse, as it was more about the boast than the punch. For a spotlight battle that was supposed to highlight a grudge of some level, you didn't show much in the way of hostility here. Even the clever lines weren't personal and didn't hit very hard.

Vote: Karaoke