Thread: 3D printers
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 04:08 PM   #44
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody consider that most of the stuff we are seeing is amatuer builds? I mean, the dude at the heart of the contraversy is Cody Wilson. He built the "Liberator" 3D printed handgun at his own home.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...-venture.html/

Quote:
Cody Wilson holding what he calls a Liberator pistol that was completely made on a 3-D-printer at his home in Austin, Texas. May 10, 2013

Same as the dude that made the AR-15 on a 3D printer...

Quote:
"At a local range, I loaded the magazine with .22 caliber ammo I purchased at the range. I inserted a magazine into the rifle, chambered a round, and squeezed the trigger . . . nothing. I had to experiment, but when I switched magazines, the gun worked. I fired off 10 rounds. At 50 feet, using a red dot sight, it was easy to place all of the hits into a quarter-size group at the center of the target. I shot another 50 rounds down range. Results of the test: The rifle is reliable, accurate and did not suffer any cracks or mechanical failures."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/i-3d-...#ixzz2pee0905U
and a real AR-15 is known to jam up quite a bit, lol

So for every story about irregular parts or failures there seems to be just as many success stories and from individuals rather than a big company. I mean, imagine what some big companies could do with this shit. Companies that could afford research teams and have access to better data and materials.

If you really wanna see shit get crazy, let them go back to seriously pushing some firearms bans. You will see this shit get really crazy, trust. People will be secretly building their own fully automatic rifles and there will be no proof of sale or proof of ownership/transaction/etc.
Batty is offline   Reply With Quote