View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #260
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why but in almost every match I've had this year my opponent has either done something untoward (no show, recycle, edit) or they've felt the need to say something in this topic if the match actually went to votes and they were losing. Maybe people don't like losing to someone named PancakeBrah. Perhaps people generally don't respect what I write. Who's to say. I'm not one to care for the reason but it does indeed get old. I try to make a point of not saying anything about a match until it's over just out of respect for the competition. Since you've brought it up, though, I might as well stoop to your level and respond. See, you're obviously being sarcastic. You laid it on pretty thick. So I have to assume you think my approach was NOT creative. That's the argument. Counterpoint; the end of the verse was meant to be self deprecating and, if I can say so, a bit humorous. There was no plot. Thus no twist. Maybe you need every topical to be a story with a whoa crazy crazy twist to deem it creative. I'm not of that mind. When I had set out in writing my piece I had two ideas in mind; a plot based verse, or a less "creative" approach fleshed out by the exploration of an idea with an emphasis on thought and creative schemes. I chose the latter. The obvious pitfall would be if my opponent had a thoughtful verse with strong schemes that was also creative in approach. I felt the reward outweighed the risk and attempted to write the fullest verse I could in relation to the topic. The approach wasn't "Creative" but I hoped my execution and wit would be. It's a writing league. I tried to outwrite my opponent without relying on a gimmicky premise (although one could argue writing about my own tendencies as a writer is a gimmick) or a convoluted storyline meant to surprise the reader. So yes, I apologize for not meeting your standard of creativity YDK. I'm sure there's a wall somewhere that'd be more empathetic toward your complaint.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?