View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

Battle Record: 21-35

King Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant future

AOWL POWER RANKINGS:

1. dead man (2-0)------- this week: VS. pohfig (2-0)
key wins: nigma, + key losses: none.
A win this week against pohfig will place dead man in this seasons first championship title match & add another key victory this season.

2. pohfig (2-0)------- this week: VS. dead man (2-0)
key wins: genocide, + key losses: none.
pohfig has quietly risen the ranks & has a chance to make a huge statement in this coming match against dead man. A win puts him in the championship match. A loss won't hurt either, as he will more than likey earn a spot in the contender match next week.

3. Frank (2-0)------- this week: VS. Zenland (1-1)
key wins: mike wrecka, + key losses: none.
Frank is off to a good start & this week faces Zenland. Staying focus is key. A loss here will hurt & drop him a bit in the rankings.

4. Innovator (2-0)------- this week: VS. Mike Wrecka (1-1)
key wins: rawn, + key losses: none.
The Vator has been rising. A win against Wrecka will put him in the championship as the Platinum conference representer. Can he pull off the victory?

5. Genocide (1-1)------- this week: VS. Camp bell (1-1)
key wins: orc, + key losses: none.
A tough loss last week, but a win here will definitely put Geno back on track.

6. Mike Wrecka (1-1)------- this week: VS. Innovator (2-0)
key wins: none. key losses: none.
After losing week 1, Mike looks to make it 2 straight as he looks to give The Vator his first loss this season.

7. zygote (1-0)------- this week: VS. c.d.m. (0-2)
zygote gets in the championship match with a win here & a Innovator loss.

8. Zenland (1-1)------- this week: VS. Frank (2-0)
The Zenmaster can jump up some spots if he manages to pull off the upset over one of the best writers in Frank.

9. Nigma (1-1)------- this week: VS. King Keith (1-0)
Despite the loss to dead man, Nigma can possibly get into the championship match but he would need a dead man loss, a zygote loss & Innovator loss to slide in there.

10. Rawn MacDon (1-1)------- this week: VS. Coup (1-1)
key wins: none. key losses: Innovator, -
Rawn MacDon got a w last week & looks to keep up the momemtum.

WEEK 2 PREDICTIONS

Vinzr (0-0) VS. Aesthetic (0-0)
What's the deal?: Two new competitors join the best writing league on the net & make their debuts. Very little is known about these two so there isn't much I can really say. As good as a lot of these matches have been so far this season, if this one goes down, hopefully it lives up with the trend.
Who wins?: This is a toss up here really. Never read anything from either competitor. Word through from the grapevine is that Aesthetic is pretty good. I'll play my hand on that tidbit. PREDICTION: Aesthetic wins debut, 6-1.

Rawn (1-1) VS. Coup (1-1)
What's the deal?: MacDon is coming off a tight victory over Veritas in which, if voting lasted another day, possibly would've swung the other way, but nonetheless he edged it out. This week he is up against the Coupe, who's also coming off of a win, 9-0 over Malachi. This should be an interesting match up of two completely different styles of writer.
Who wins?: Rawn has yet to truly show his best though his schemes have been on point. Coup has slowly been building up as a riser with great potential & he has the chance here to take another step forward. Does he have enough to pull off an upset over MacDon, who is still trying to find his footing? I will play this one close to the chest. PREDICTION: Rawn sneaks by, 5-3.

Red Glare (1-0) VS. TYSON (0-1)
What's the deal?: Iron Ty returns after a one week hiatus & looks to redeem himself after no showing in week 1. His opponent, Red Glare, made his debut last week but was no showed. It appears Red is a seasoned vet at topicals, so Tyson should not take this battle for granted.
Who wins?: Tyson is one of a few who have steadily risen as a writer. He's pulled off wins against some good competition in the past, but now after a bit of a break, can he continue to rise or will he take a stepback.... or two? Mr. Barakon is probably hungry to write & with the championship to be put in rotation starting next week, a win here will put him that much closer to getting a taste. PREDICTION: Red Glare pulls it off, 6-3.

Mike Wrecka (1-1) VS. Innovator (2-0) [SLEEPER MATCH OF THE WEEK] [UPSET OF THE WEEK]
What's the deal?: Wrecka got back on track pulling off a win against Camp last week & two straight victories would look very nice. He is up against The Vator, who looks to be an undercover force in this league. The pictures are tossed so the doors are wide open. Will The Vator beat another solid writer?
Who wins?: This match up can go either way. Mike seems to be catching momentum and winning last week should add fuel to that fire while The Vator looks to get another key win in an impressive start to the season. Now usually playing the favorites is the safe way to go & who can go wrong with choosing Mikey? On the other hand the underdog can bite- and, well.... I see The Vator making a statement here. PREDICTION: Innovator upsets Wrecka, 7-5.

zygote (1-0) VS. c.d.m. (0-2)
What's the deal?: It's the Fastest Writer Alive versus Mr. Freud's Teacher in what should be a very intriguing match up. Veritas nearly came back in votes against Rawn last week but suffered his second loss in a row, while Zygote's debut ended in an impressive KO victory. Veritas is a competitor and never backs down from a challenge, don't be surprised if this one goes down early.
Who wins?: Zygote is a problem match up for anyone he is up against because he can switch styles so easily without any missteps. Veritas shouldn't be phased & will not be phased. Question is, can he produce a solid piece of writing to give the voters something to think about. I believe he can but it won't be quite enough. PREDICTION: Zygote wins, 7-2.

Genocide (1-1) VS. Camp bell (1-1)
What's the deal?: Camp bell is looking to redeem himself after suffering a 6-1 loss to Wrecka last week, and this weeks match gets no easier as he faces off against Genocide, who lost a last vote thriller to pohfig last week. Both of these competitors are looking for win number 2, but who here wants it more is the question.
Who wins?: This is one of those match ups where you can probably say the more renowned writer will win & that's what we have with Geno. If anything, last week showed that this guy never lets up, even if the topic/picture is a challenge. Camp bell has the skills but really hasn't shown us his potential though his rhyme scheme game is on point. He will have to construct a well written piece to topple Giant Geno. He will improve but I'm picking the veteran here. PREDICTION: Genocide wins easily, 7-0.

dead man (2-0) VS. pohfig (2-0) [BATTLE OF THE WEEK]
What's the deal?: It's as if every week all eyes are on dead man & what he comes up with next. A win here more than likely guarantees him a spot in the first championship match of the season. But the other guy here is no pushover. pohfig is coming off that last vote victory over Geno, and his writing so far this season has been very good. If there is anyone who can possibly pull off the upset, he can do it. Will he turn the tide of power in the league?
Who wins?: Black has KO'd both of his opponents this season & both are pretty solid writers. A win here probably puts him in a very good position to go undefeated this season. Pent is a great writer & we can expect probably a very tight match up with votes possibly swinging either direction. Who would you choose? Pent will have to put together a really good piece to make it tight against Black. I see some votes possibly going his way, but Black secures a championship spot right here. PREDICTION: dead man wins, 7-3.

Frank (2-0) VS. Zenland (1-1)
What's the deal?: The Zenmaster faces another challenge this week, this time against Frank, who looks to also get a spot in the championship match. So far, Frank has showed up this season & he must be really motivated to prove his worth. However, he must not take his opponent lightly. Though Zen lost to zygote last week, he has the chance to establish himself as one of the up & comers, so I expect nothing short of a solid challenge.
Who wins?: When Frank gets really creative, it's damn near impossible to beat him. That could easily happen here. Zen needs to come up with a creative piece with little to no mechanical errors because any slip up may be the difference between pulling an upset, making it close or getting KO'd. He has talent but I see Frank putting another nail in the coffin here. PREDICTION: Frank in a blow out, 7-0.

Dave (0-0) VS. Mac (0-0)
What's the deal?: Another set of newcomers in the league face off here as Dave goes up against Mac. From what I know, they have a bit of a history, so I'm expecting this to be an interesting match up. Both writers have a shot here to woo the readers/voters & after this week, we will have a bit of an idea who is bringing what to the table.
Who wins?: Another toss up match. I don't have anything here to build on other than taking a guess. I'm guessing Dave is not new & has been doing this writing thing for some time. I will take the chance with that. PREDICTION: Dave wins, 8-2.

HelloKitty (1-1) VS. Witty (1-1)
What's the deal?: What is the deal with these two? Two of the more funny guys on AOB (or maybe weirdos), with mad talent when it comes to writing, but both were no showers last week, disappointingly. This week is a chance for redemption & if this battle does go down, it most certainly will be one of the better match ups this week.
Who wins?: Whoever shows up wins. If both do, then it's a close one at the end with votes probably coming down to preference & creativity. Both of these guys can write so I expect this to go down to the wire. Witty's storytelling is one of the best in this league, while NYC oozes the potential to be the best here. He is my darkhorse selection for champion. I won't give up on him just yet, but another no show puts him down the dumps where the Cakester is. If NY shows, I'm banking he wins. PREDICTION: HelloKitty in a close one, 7-5.

Defiant (0-0) VS. Split (1-1)
What's the deal?: This match was added to the line up a day later but nonetheless it is most certainly going down. Enter Defiant, coming to dabble in the topical fever against Split, who had a no show last week, looking to re-establish himself. Many questions arise on both sides of the fence, we will see which competitor will take the W here.
Who wins?: Hard to decide really. Split is going through some real life issues it seems, so he hasn't really been around as much & time seems to be a bit against him. Defiant hasn't written anything for a good minute from what I know of so he must be looking to shake some rust and see what he can do. This all is dependent on Split really. If he shows, I believe he takes this but not easily. Defiant shakes the rust, but falls short here. PREDICTION: Split wins a tight one, 5-4.

A Word With The King, Session II: The Vator Discussion.

King Keith: Introduce yourself to our readers, sir.

Innovator: Whats good peeps and peepettes if theres any in the league lol. i go by innovator or as some of you have coined vator..which in hinesight makes me feel jelous cuz its a dope name...but on to the intro, ive been around for a while, for those who didnt know prolly dont care. i was numerix on NC. been around for a while jumped from site to site till i found this one..which seems to be the only one with an active league. thats about it, looking forward to competing this league has alot of talent i would love to bite from...not saying im a biter..but for later purposes..like the internet goes dead revives but all the history gets wipes off complete...i take some of your verses post them on the new internet as my own...i get respect, bitches
bow with no one the wiser...

King Keith: LMFAO. What an introduction, sir. Classic. So how's living? Any plans this coming weekend?

Innovator: well tbhh, im a home body myself. i work 6 days a week so i just chill at home smoking mad amounts of weed. shit now that i think about it im high all the time, all the time

King Keith: 6 days a week? What is your occupation? And damn.... your brain cells must be enhanced to the 2nd power by now, huh? Haha.

Innovator: every plant looks like weed to me...its gift and a curse, im a construction worker
cuz i failed to pay attention in school. pays the bills lol

King Keith: Hahaha. I feel you. And word? I do construction as well. What a coincidence. Now to the matter at hand, what is your take on the league thus far this season & what are your expectations?

Innovator: werd.

the league

the league is prolly the best ive seen in a bit. its a shame what SV is going through right now...but this league doesnt seem like it will have that problem. didnt like 8 more people sign uo for next week. and we only in week 3, dam. mad props on the dedication from you and genocide as well as split. ive said this before a league is only as good as its moderators. if the MODS shows interest then members will do the same and the league will continue to flourish. one thing though seeing alot of extension, feel like cutting the deadline from 7 to 5 days is a good idea if i do say so myself cuz i just said so myself lol....i mean im sure people will still ask for extension but it wont feel like forever for the next week to start.

i guess what im trying to say is..the league magnificent.

King Keith: I can most definitely toast to that. So right now you're 2-0, going for win number 3 this week against Mike Wrecka. How do you feel coming into this match up & what do you think of your topic?

Innovator: man this is the second time i face MC..i lost to him on NC and it was close..i think mic posted in haste lol..but yeah man really im 1-0, i hate claiming no show wins. and shouts to rawn for the battle.. as far as the topic goes. that shit had me scratching my head foreal foreals..im at the gas station peepin the topic on my phone and when i saw it i said aloud...WTF is this bullshit. lol

but once i wrapped my head around it i got a concept..actually writing it inbetween your questions..or am i answering your questions inbetween writing? is that the same thing?

King Keith: No it's not the same. It's the same because you left the possibility of the similarity, while underlying the possible chance of a difference. But that's the kind of shit you have to deal with when you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Lol. Definitely best of luck in your upcoming battle. Any match ups you have your eyes on & who are some of your winners this week?

Innovator: lmao...battles huh..well that frank and zenland should be dope. cdm and zygote i peeped earlier..man i gotta sit down and read those again cuz the skills just have me amazed lol..its a toss up there. havent seen tyson but herd hes dope and red glare is def no slouch look out for him. but that deadman and poh should me epic...peeped aesthetics verse..dude is onpoint..thats about it. looking for anothe dope verse from geno...and hopefully witty gets a match cuz dudes nice with it to..i would enjoy seeing him lose gracefully...sup witty lol...nigma should have an easy week.

King Keith: Haha. That's word. Appreciate the time you took to have this discussion. This marks the end of our journey. So do you have any shout outs or final thoughts you'd like to put down?

Innovator: shouts to the league MODS..looking forward to the competition..

i leave with this little tidbit

artifical raspberry flavor is milked from the anal glands of beavers.
thats fact look that shit up.
pz

Well that's our close to another edition of the AOWL magazine, week 3 Championship Preview edition. The season continues to move forward as we near our first championship match up. I will try and get this magazine done in a more timely fashion, but bare with me, I'm trying to make amends with work & my time devoted to the league. Nonetheless I look forward to this weeks match ups & the continuing growth of the AOWL. Shout outs to Nigma, and a happy birthday to you, & Innovator for their time with this weeks interviews. Shout out to Vator for the no show critique on my verse. Shout out to Genocide for his input on the new additions to the league. A major shout out to all who participate & vote. Without you, the league would not be running the way it does. Hope you enjoyed this weeks edition. Til next time. It's the King, signing out.