View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #134
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Metts View Post
You take this as if I was calling you out for being simple ... I didn't say every battler or even drop a name .. I just said I don't see how simple Shit liks a 9/11 bar can get quoted in 2013

My point was battling has dumbed itself down for the readers sake and unless your someone who is known or popular then your shit don't really get read or critiqued correctly, in most cases, not all .. I know their are some honest cats out their but still

You have to be simple that's the problem if you want to appeal to a panel of voters then you must conform unless your a cat who gets the benefit of the doubt which their are a few out their.... I got sick of dumbing my shit down and having people pm like yo how you ain't quote the homie yu gi oh line that shit was fire .. then I'd have to be like wtf is a yu gi oh

My style was rarely simple .. maybe in pic battles and Shit I keyed or lost motivation/ time constraints ... their was a period were I did short set-up/punch just cause it kept the voters short attention spans in tact but if you want to win battles then you must figure out what the voters want not what you want

no i took it as calling hte style or styles simple, when it isnt, theres alot more in smaller bars then there was in longer bars back in the day. I think people focus more on the length of the verse or bars then what the bar is saying because i was back in the time you come from i was also in this time and while they both had there shitty battlers they both had theredope ones, simple was just as simple back then as it is now...bars are generally shorter now but still as deep as ever i see bars all the time not get quoted because someone will say its simple and when i read it i see it has 2 or 3 different meanings to it worded well yet it was still said to be simple

shit works both ways