View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Pent uP;

Airtight. Probably the best verse I read this week. I'm wont to try and be an ass when voting but I thoroughly enjoyed this. People seem to equate verse length to depth and quality but a shorter and pointed verse can deliver a message and impression just as easily in the right hands. It takes confidence to do it, and you pulled it off. The imagery was top notch. This particular section;

The back patio wouldve of been illuminated but the Oaks stood like obtuse giants
- casting shadows on half the deck. My imagination's outclassed itself -
Filling the outside with woods and wolves and assassin's steps.
Anything thats casting death, each gasp and belch - feeling that obsessed.
Old saw logs was at it again - and I was going to snap that neck
and call it an accident...but then I'd be stuck using my hand.
I dont want my palm going bushy Magilla while im apeshit glued in this jam.

was re-readable ad nauseum. Well done.

Innovator;

To my own fault, this is the first verse I remember reading from you. I'm sure I've read some before, maybe even voted/fed. But this was at a much higher level than any forgotten piece I may have read. I'm starting to become disenfranchised with twists and cheap writing conventions on this site, and this verse fit my current mind state perfectly. Everything flowed with simplicity, but not simplicity from lack of intelligence but simplicity due to the fact that's just how it needs to be said. Your wording was crisp, and you held a constant point well throughout. A couple highlights;

but you hold stones, so whats a few added pounds?

They say the sea doesn't match the depth you hold your soul in.

The leaves swinging against the winds chest

This is the best matchup of the week. A writer's battle, as corny as that sound. I've flipped flopped in my mind a couple times. Innovator quite honestly shocked me with his quality and depth of thought. He moved up in my estimation of the writers on this site significantly. But Pent's verse left more of an impression, and his concise yet thorough tackling of his subject left me a bit more fulfilled. I'm not one of those voters who says each verse is good then votes for one person without meaning it. But this is the unique case where it's unfortunate someone has to lose. Good shit guys, a joy.

v/Pent.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?