View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

This seems like the type of collaboration — and we've all been there — where you came up with a vague topic, "artist zone," but didn't confirm much in your approaches.

God Of War seemed determined to metaphorically create the tortured artist image. It's played out, and the verse struggled to avoid cliché. There were a few really nice lines, particularly the four that Mike Wrecka quoted. And the flow was smooth. But some of the phrasing was convoluted, either to force a rhyme or because the lines and phrases weren't all fitting together.

Genocide was more focused, at least by the fifth or sixth line. The boasting made sense in this context, and the flow was really strong. I think what worked for Genocide better was he was focused on what he knows and what he can nail down. "I just aim ideas, until every asshole gets the message I speak," is a pretty great line with at least a grain of truth behind it.

Also, both of you could use cleaner spelling and grammar. But who couldn't?