View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Flo Real: I feel as though you had a sharp image in your head of what you wanted to convey, then rushed and failed to do it justice. The imagery was too vague, and the meaning of the place and the application of it to the real world were left unclear. Your flow and use of multiple-syllable rhyming also were uneven; at times, you were sharp, only to let the quick writing bring you down. It would have been interesting to see where you were going with this, but the topic was too complex to be rushed like this.

TopicalDood5: Let's be honest: There's no way to do complete service to content when putting a verse up against such strenuous demands. But that effort was appreciated. I think you made a very good choice to go with every other line, and you mostly pulled it off. Moreover, your even-numbered lines were very strong. "She's haute and getting hauter" was some tremendous wordplay, honestly making me laugh out loud. I had dinner tonight in a crowded bar full of fake dickheads trying to get laid, and you captured that well. The final phrase, "the search for anyone," was tragic and beautiful and fitting. I might write my own piece on that concept. I really enjoyed this verse and the effort you put into bringing together the challenge and an interesting image, if not story.

Vote: TopicalDood5