Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   AOWL Season 8 Archive (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   AOWL SEASON 8 WEEK II CHAT/PREDICTIONS: (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=126304)

Inno 12-04-2017 07:45 PM

AOWL SEASON 8 WEEK II CHAT/PREDICTIONS:

WEEK II MATCES:

@symetrik vs @Objective

@Mr. J vs @Incredible

@Diablo vs @Pent uP

@YDK vs @Requiem

@DVS vs @dead man

DISCUSS!

Pent uP 12-04-2017 08:46 PM

Some things im not used to. Now i know i have a match every week lol.

Will put more effort in this week. See you baron

Inno 12-04-2017 10:45 PM

posting mag now

warnig because i read each verse and broke down my vote....its 40 mins

enjoy lol

DVS 12-04-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innovator (Post 628064)
posting mag now

warnig because i read each verse and broke down my vote....its 40 mins

enjoy lol

amazing. good on you

Inno 12-04-2017 11:37 PM

It’s going to take a while fucking @Amen was right

Inno 12-04-2017 11:57 PM

Update

It’s processing now should be another 30-40 mins until the mag is posted

I’m proud of it tbh. Hopefully it sparks your interest I think I did a decent job for the first time. Trust the next couple of mags will be shorter and more thought out

symetrik 12-05-2017 01:06 AM

Quote:

but do you rap quite quickly or work with slower beats? Just curious.
at whoever ^
yeah. no chops but, I like a quicker delivery, dunno. the cat's I've done tracks with are all clean and I can't pull off slow shit.

predictions:
Mr. J vs Incredible

Diablo vs Pent uP

YDK vs Requiem (no clue)

DVS vs dead man

symetrik 12-05-2017 01:08 AM

@Objective you wanna do anything specific like same pic, min/same length? idgaf but I'm down

Inno 12-05-2017 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symetrik (Post 628074)
at whoever ^
yeah. no chops but, I like a quicker delivery, dunno. the cat's I've done tracks with are all clean and I can't pull off slow shit.

predictions:
Mr. J vs Incredible

Diablo vs Pent uP

YDK vs Requiem (no clue)

DVS vs dead man

Word I feel you on that but you gotta throw audio flows out the window when trying to vote on a topical.

Most topical heads will sacrifice flow for content. So even though you find an audio flow it doesn’t necessarily mean that fact equates to what the writer was
Trying to convey

DVS 12-05-2017 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innovator (Post 628077)
Word I feel you on that but you gotta throw audio flows out the window when trying to vote on a topical.

Most topical heads will sacrifice flow for content. So even though you find an audio flow it doesn’t necessarily mean that fact equates to what the writer was
Trying to convey

this is super interesting and something I was wondering / going to open to discussion.

I'm super out of touch about what you guys look for in a topical or not -

But I'm under the assumption the verse you are writing is written so you can rap it and it works.

Like you should be trying to achieve both content and audio flow.

But that's just what I aim to do, not sure what others process is.

Inno 12-05-2017 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVS (Post 628080)
this is super interesting and something I was wondering / going to open to discussion.

But I'm under the assumption the verse you are writing is written so you can rap it and it works.

And I felt you on thy whole heartedly but that again doesn’t necessarily mean other voter will take into account. From my experience, I’ve learned to keep with the norm, now does that translate to W’s? U don’t know but I do know what the voter want. Which honestly I hope the blind voting ends that

Objective 12-05-2017 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symetrik (Post 628076)
@Objective you wanna do anything specific like same pic, min/same length? idgaf but I'm down

I always think it's interesting going for the same topic. 1. it's fair in terms of the battle if both are just as inspired, and 2. always cool to see how your opponent flipped it.

That said tho, I'm kinda neutral to the whole thing as well. If you're up for it you can find a picture that inspires you and I'm down to write to the same. Good luck regardless what you're up for.

Objective 12-05-2017 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVS (Post 628080)

What I've found is that people look for different things. Some people just completely love the flow and rhymeschemes and may not care that much about plot, then you got people that love the abstract shit mixed with a great plot. Personally I love a great story that flows well and brings something new to the light whether it be an interesting rhymescheme, concepts, abstract similies or moral messages.

It's definitely not important for it work in a audio flow but a certain internal flow is definitely appreciated.

sral 12-05-2017 05:03 AM

I place a HUGE emphasis on flow in my shit tbh

Diablo 12-05-2017 09:09 AM

am i 2-0 because I won two matches last week?

Diablo 12-05-2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pent uP (Post 628055)
Some things im not used to. Now i know i have a match every week lol.

Will put more effort in this week. See you baron

YOU DEAD

Amen 12-05-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innovator (Post 628068)
It’s going to take a while fucking @Amen was right

If ya'll would just listen to me man... Instead of jumping down my throat constantly trying to prove me wrong lol...

Shits annoying, aint it lol...

Inno 12-05-2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diablo (Post 628113)
am i 2-0 because I won two matches last week?

Forgot about that. Yes

symetrik 12-05-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Objective (Post 628083)
I always think it's interesting going for the same topic. 1. it's fair in terms of the battle if both are just as inspired, and 2. always cool to see how your opponent flipped it.

That said tho, I'm kinda neutral to the whole thing as well. If you're up for it you can find a picture that inspires you and I'm down to write to the same. Good luck regardless what you're up for.

I dunno how to copy the links from the google topic drive, so uh, you down for one of these?

second row, #6, like a bunch of apartment balconies with a red head sitting on a dock
or
third row, #6 as well, the like stone giants and air balloons and shit.

Objective 12-05-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symetrik (Post 628124)
I dunno how to copy the links from the google topic drive, so uh, you down for one of these?

second row, #6, like a bunch of apartment balconies with a red head sitting on a dock
or
third row, #6 as well, the like stone giants and air balloons and shit.

Save the picture and upload it to imgur.com or something. Copy the direct link after uploading and post it with img tags, you can also auto-resize it to message boards (640x480) before uploading on the menu to the right on imgur.

I got the link for us this time around: https://i.imgur.com/mqbUq9J.jpg