Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Let me see if I have this straight... (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=127225)

Destroyer 02-26-2018 04:32 PM

Let me see if I have this straight...

The style that people like now is just bar after bar of obscure wordplay that must be googled to understand and sort of works only one way if mispronounced?
Just trying to give the people what they want

Nick James 02-26-2018 04:39 PM

yea this wordplay shit is takin over

I refuse to conform..

nap aint build us like that des

Letterman 02-26-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroyer (Post 644838)
The style that people like now is just bar after bar of obscure wordplay that must be googled to understand and sort of works only one way if mispronounced?

It’s hard to gauge tbh. It’s like it varies from week to week what people like.

Letterman 02-26-2018 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick James (Post 644839)
yea this wordplay shit is takin over

I refuse to conform..

nap aint build us like that des

I used to have a heavy wordplay style some years ago but sometimes it’s definitely overdone.

Amen 02-26-2018 04:41 PM

Every bar is corny to me but w/e.

bleak 02-26-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letterman (Post 644840)
It’s hard to gauge tbh. It’s like it varies from week to week what people like.

Voter to voter 100% i like to find a specific voter i like to cater to almost. Not that it matter anyways lol but schad is a great voter so that's kinda the benchmark I guess.
Nick your style is still fresh for us so you will continue to win by sticking to your guns.
Des, write a wordplay verse for NBL next week and we'll see how it goes

Nick James 02-26-2018 04:51 PM

ppl got this set image of good punches gotta be either a wordplay or metaphor/simile/catch phrase flip.. n they rlly just limitin their boundaries. a great 12 line verse might have 3 punches tops of them 2 combined.

if they studied more of the actually great battlers muhfuckas might improve more.

thats why there aint no more butlers, aliens, cals, hushs, kungfugrips.. everybodys puttin a box on what a verse shuld consist of when this shit was always meant to think outside that box

Destroyer 02-26-2018 04:53 PM

I agree
Originality is hated on rather than given props

Destroyer 02-26-2018 04:55 PM

Although sometimes it goes over well
For example, I wrote a verse recently with the punchline
“Des’ll aim at this clown’s mouth & won’t stop until I win the giant stuffed bear.”
That shit is basically nonsense but it went over really well

Nick James 02-26-2018 05:06 PM

yea good example

I just dropped this in the cypher earlier. aloud it hits hard

wordplay after wordplay, shit I guess I better be blunt
ur a faggot nigga.. now make them words sound like watever u want

personals is where the moneys at. always. If u aint got none then u roast their bitch lol

Amen 02-26-2018 05:21 PM

Personals are definitely the way to go unless its the same shit everyone using.

Dissing a bitch isn't cool nor fresh anymore. How many times can you say other dudes hoe is a hoe, sucks dick and gets buttcaked. I mean, those punches are all stupid too me anymore and get no credit from me.

I'd rather see creative concepts tied in with recent personals or just creativity flat out.

Unfukwitable is good with that. He's always creative as fuck as where Infiltration is over creative and complicated.

Wordplay is cool if there 1 or 2 at most in the verse. Every line tho, nah...

Pinot Grij 02-26-2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick James (Post 644846)
ppl got this set image of good punches gotta be either a wordplay or metaphor/simile/catch phrase flip.. n they rlly just limitin their boundaries. a great 12 line verse might have 3 punches tops of them 2 combined.

if they studied more of the actually great battlers muhfuckas might improve more.

thats why there aint no more butlers, aliens, cals, hushs, kungfugrips.. everybodys puttin a box on what a verse shuld consist of when this shit was always meant to think outside that box

Cuz standard length used to be 16-24 lines so there was more variety accepted. And lines that are now considered filler were actual content. Now you got about 10-12 line standard so people have no room to throw some different ideas out, they just stick to the usual formula. Anything that’s just a straight up clowning gets dismissed because there’s no trick to it.

ill nik-A 02-26-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroyer (Post 644838)

Yes! I’m done with this place. Lol

ill nik-A 02-26-2018 05:36 PM

I literally read a vote that said. I googled the word. Punch is really good. Like wtf?!

WRATH 02-26-2018 05:39 PM

Somebody link me to an original destroyer line i wanna see something

Nick James 02-26-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinot Grij (Post 644857)
Cuz standard length used to be 16-24 lines so there was more variety accepted. And lines that are now considered filler were actual content. Now you got about 10-12 line standard so people have no room to throw some different ideas out, they just stick to the usual formula. Anything that’s just a straight up clowning gets dismissed because there’s no trick to it.

exactly

i respected that verse u dropped this week. best example I can think of for wat were tlkin bout

Amen 02-26-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill nik-A (Post 644859)
I literally read a vote that said. I googled the word. Punch is really good. Like wtf?!

Yea, if I have to google shit - I'm good LOL...

Shit makes no sense to me... But w/e - people will be people.

Uterus pond...

Like wtf is that shit? Makes no sense LOL

Enbombz 02-26-2018 05:58 PM

Yeh all my wordplay worked both ways on the site I learnt at. The only thing people liked there was on site personals.Then went rb and that was when that didn't seem to matter anymore. I think I signed up in 2015 and by 2016 the wordplay that everyone hates here was the main thing. I got pretty good at it but then you come here and people hate that shit. You just have to adapt from place to place.

As much as I hate to agree with amen, personals with a flip/name play/tie in are your safest bet and prob my favourite style.

Nick James 02-26-2018 05:59 PM

thats those google me wordplays

im not gonna lie 80% of em I dont get n another 10% I figure out thru sumone elses votes

Enbombz 02-26-2018 06:29 PM

i thhink with some of those wordplays and gun bars, its a case of there so bad they are good sometimes. I mean most gun bars are tongue in cheek, n they are the best ones.