Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Roast of Aero (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=125967)

~RustyGunZ~ 10-09-2017 03:25 PM

Roast of Aero

We need to change the direction of the sites core functions

Text is dead and the discussion side that has always thrived is shit now

Where did we go wrong? What can be done to create a general interest in the community again without it being a disappointing txt league?

The podcast were a revival that turned out to be a slow working poison, but it didn't have to be. And there must be other ways to get something worth viewing happening

Text dying isn't sad but a decade plus community dying is

Inno 10-09-2017 03:26 PM

Revive the podcast new

Amen 10-09-2017 03:31 PM

Seth, lets start a PODCAST.

Ghost1 10-09-2017 04:02 PM

its pretty simple...each person needs to be producing quality content

the most crippling damage this site has taken has been the multiple site crashes

people get discouraged when months of progress are lost

everytime the site has crashed we have lost key members and even nobodys that just provided bodys to contribute

as it stands we have a core group of like 20 people that either don't like most of eachother or are simply bored of the others by having seen them post for nearly 10 yrs.

for me the exchange of time vs gratification or even appreciation is just not sufficient

too many times we let horrible off-putting shitposters linger on the board until they start to force good members to lose interest in logging in under the guise of some stupid wild west persona that nc lost 3 years ago

you still have text battlers and topical writers that ghost the board and would log in instantly if they saw a league operating successfully with detailed mags consistently for multiple weeks...but people refuse to work together to achieve this and nobody is willing to dedicate themselves on their own to this type of obligation...especially to a bunch of thankless dickheads who typically cant even reciprocate by participating in the league with verses and votes properly.

as far as the podcast...the site crash was a huge blow but the lack of vision of the majority of this site was equally crippling...the first podcast had 3k views in a day and despite every fucking thing we said in the podcast about moving away from text and making the site more mainstream sharp nine takes the energy and starts a text tournament and then starts a war with the podcast forcing a division of views

fucking legit moron shit.

15 page social media rants consisting of 4 members on the site are horribly off-putting to the rest of the community that come here for music, jokes, text, writing etc

this place lost its identity a long time ago and until individual people start making an effort to actually make worthwhile contributions the site will perpetually spiral downward until its just 2 crip posting horse pictures that get a reply 2 weeks later from robranda asking him if hes audio.

YDK 10-09-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bags (Post 624359)

the most crippling damage this site has taken has been the multiple site crashes

everytime the site has crashed we have lost key members and even nobodys that just provided bodys to contribute

as it stands we have a core group of like 20 people that either don't like most of eachother or are simply bored of the others by having seen them post for nearly 10 yrs.

for me the exchange of time vs gratification or even appreciation is just not sufficient

too many times we let horrible off-putting shitposters linger on the board until they start to force good members to lose interest in logging in under the guise of some stupid wild west persona that nc lost 3 years ago

you still have text battlers and topical writers that ghost the board and would log in instantly if they saw a league operating successfully with detailed mags consistently for multiple weeks...but people refuse to work together to achieve this and nobody is willing to dedicate themselves on their own to this type of obligation...especially to a bunch of thankless dickheads who typically cant even reciprocate by participating in the league with verses and votes properly.

as far as the podcast...the site crash was a huge blow but the lack of vision of the majority of this site was equally crippling...the first podcast had 3k views in a day and despite every fucking thing we said in the podcast about moving away from text and making the site more mainstream sharp nine takes the energy and starts a text tournament and then starts a war with the podcast forcing a division of views

15 page social media rants consisting of 4 members on the site are horribly off-putting to the rest of the community that come here for music, jokes, text, writing etc

this place lost its identity a long time ago and until individual people start making an effort to actually make worthwhile contributions the site will perpetually spiral downward until its just 2 crip posting horse pictures that get a reply 2 weeks later from robranda asking him if hes audio.

Jesus bags thats the most intellectual and thought out post I've ever seen from you.
Jokes aside, its nice to a post from anyone here that doesnt end with somebody being called a faggot lol
If the site gets serious instead of everyone trying to troll everyone like it has in the past, I'll try to contribute more too if wanted

Amen 10-09-2017 05:08 PM

YDK, spare us the grief bro.

I"m sure they would rather the site die then you contribute a whole lot of nothing to it.

Save it.

~RustyGunZ~ 10-09-2017 05:10 PM

@Bags (not gonna quote for sake of scrolling)

I definitely feel you BUT

Are you suggesting we fully commit to quality text battling or go away from it? Seems youre arguing both points

I agree with going away from it

But at least for me as a guest I got the opposite vibe and it felt like a story time of text past and I got super out of it within 2 minutes. Of we brought it back I think it should have no mention of text specifically.

YDK 10-09-2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amen (Post 624363)
YDK, spare us the grief bro.

I"m sure they would rather the site die then you contribute a whole lot of nothing to it.

Save it.

Says the guy literally contributing nothing...but on here hourly

Aero 10-09-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $chein Dolla $ign (Post 624356)
We need to change the direction of the sites core functions

Text is dead and the discussion side that has always thrived is shit now

Where did we go wrong? What can be done to create a general interest in the community again without it being a disappointing txt league?

The podcast were a revival that turned out to be a slow working poison, but it didn't have to be. And there must be other ways to get something worth viewing happening

Text dying isn't sad but a decade plus community dying is

Honestly we need more people under the age of 21 to even know what text is.

Witty 10-09-2017 06:33 PM

Explain thread title.

Came in here expecting to see a gook face.

N u here talm bout saving netcees.

I WAS PROMISED SLANTY EYES.

Geno 10-09-2017 06:37 PM

Its simple.
People just need to show up again.
Like they used to.
Plain and simple. Activity keeps a site poppin. Nothing else

ill nik-A 10-09-2017 06:50 PM

The real truth is I can’t be beaten.

The end! Lol

Ghost1 10-09-2017 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $chein Dolla $ign (Post 624364)
@Bags (not gonna quote for sake of scrolling)

I definitely feel you BUT

Are you suggesting we fully commit to quality text battling or go away from it? Seems youre arguing both points

I agree with going away from it

But at least for me as a guest I got the opposite vibe and it felt like a story time of text past and I got super out of it within 2 minutes. Of we brought it back I think it should have no mention of text specifically.

I was giving examples of how different approaches could be successful with effort but ultimately making the point that it needs to be decided and defined what that approach and identity should be.

Personally I'm tired of having to steer the ship constantly

I just want to log in and participate in enjoyable threads

Whatever every1 elses expectations are or whatever it is they enjoy here they should contribute to developing it

It's only leeches left at this point

Witty 10-09-2017 07:34 PM

Hold on.

Wait.

Did you just call me a fucking leech?

YDK 10-09-2017 07:51 PM

Thats what i heard

Geno 10-09-2017 07:53 PM

Lol
Put ur foot right in ur mouth that time old buddy

Allen Knight 10-09-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bags (Post 624359)

Stfu faggot

Mike Wrecka 10-09-2017 07:57 PM

If you look back, the site was thriving until diode bought it. Been a slow decline since that day. He cleaned house on the mods and admins that were actually doing a good job and empowered the trolls. Game over

Allen Knight 10-09-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill nik-A (Post 624383)
The real truth is I can’t be beaten.

The end! Lol

Fuck outta here.

Geno 10-09-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka (Post 624395)
If you look back, the site was thriving until diode bought it. Been a slow decline since that day. He cleaned house on the mods and admins that were actually doing a good job and empowered the trolls. Game over

May have a good point here with the troll empowering