Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Thinking about going paleo (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=18198)

oats 09-17-2013 02:00 AM

I'll definitely hit you up, thanks neigh. I'm sticking to asprey's pretty much, how it was introduced to me. My buddies who have been doing bulletproof love it.

Frank Metts 09-17-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oats (Post 153187)
@Frank Metts agreed about the "not a diet, it's a lifestyle change" part. Most of the centurions I've read about have an unconsciously paleo friendly diet tbh.

I know your a smart dude .. you seem very intellectual but for real do some research its still a debated topic but I think actual science is on the side of the high metabolism myth side .. an avg person with an avg lifestyle burns the avg amount of calories your suppose to ingest a day so its a wash ... it takes around 3000-3500 extra calories not burned to start the process of putting on a single pound ... but that's an avg person someone with bulk could burn 3000 calories a day before they hit the gym or sit on the couch so you have to consume that to keep up or eat even more to put on some more muscle or fat

As you get older your metabolism naturally decreases which should be common sense but curving that with a protein rich diet ( your body uses 30% more enegry to break down protein then a simple carb ) will lead to a large plunge at some point ...

You'll find fact based info that speeding up your metabolism is bad for a life plan, for a simple diet to cut a few summer pounds is good but winter weight comes back ... why do you think ephedrine was banned by the fda for use as a " dietary supplement " because it make the metabolism and heart rate curve so much people were dropping dead from heart attacks

Portion control that's Americas downfall .. no human should be able to stomach a double quarter pounder large fry and coke but millions do a day sometimes more then once ... if you could control your portions try to hit a good bit of what's on the food pyramid and worked out or had an active lifestyle your stomach would shrink inside and you'll feel amazing outside, your metabolism will topple off to wear it should be naturally decrease with age as planned and you can have a longer natural life expectancy ... if your just trying to bulk up then protein is the way to go and its a slow process but you have to sustain your protein to keep that muscle or your body will take what it needs from those muscles ... Which is my whole point of too much protein is terrible for a life plan

Ohh and I've lost 49 lbs in 6 months and haven't seen a gym in 3 years every week i lose at least a lb or two .. all real weight no fads, supplements or special diets ... just portion control and active life with my daughter outside of work

Wise Wiggles 09-17-2013 10:06 AM

try exercise. and not being lazy sloths.

oats 09-17-2013 01:32 PM

I feel you, frank. To be clear, this isn't for weight loss - I have an active lifestyle and am in good shape. This is more for internal health; joint aches and inflammation, heart health, colon health, etc.

So far I mostly eat veggies, with eggs in the morning and meat/veggie stirfry in the evening, def doesn't feel like an excessive amount of protein. The biggest part for me is cutting out the wheat and gluten products, since supposedly that's the stuff behind my joint pain and body aches. I'll def look into it more, though.

NYCSPITZ 09-17-2013 04:44 PM

I'm jacked out of my fucking mind sike but i'm reasonably brolic tho pm 4 tips