Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Best hiphop show you've been to? (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=140416)

boof 06-28-2019 03:31 PM

Best hiphop show you've been to?

I've seen quite a few greats. Kendrick, Cole, Chance, Atmosphere twice, Brother Ali, The Roots, Luda, Big sean, Ice Cube, Aesop, Bronson, most of WuTang, etc. etc.

But

Anderson Paak & The Free Nationals definitely put on the best hiphop show I've ever been to so far

I assume kanye maybe like travis scott could top this but yo APaak was soooo spot on with his rapping, singing, drumming. Like even just his rapping had more presence and spot on execution than most people I've seen.

Crash Carson 06-28-2019 04:52 PM

Aes is awesome. I was amazed he came this far south at such a small venue but it felt very personal when he would chat with the audience between every couple tracks. I haven't seen many rap shows so that's the best I got.

Zuo 06-28-2019 04:53 PM

Brother Ali ft Bambu

Destroyer 06-28-2019 05:51 PM

The roots, and it’s not even close
That’s a lie, the st. Pablo show was up there
I’ll go with pablo for spectacle, roots for musicality

Blue Bayou 06-28-2019 06:16 PM

OVO

Destroyer 06-28-2019 06:29 PM

Is that some Canadian act?
Old Virty Oastard?

Blue Bayou 06-28-2019 06:53 PM

^Nailed It

boof 06-28-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroyer (Post 742831)
The roots, and it’s not even close
That’s a lie, the st. Pablo show was up there
I’ll go with pablo for spectacle, roots for musicality

see this was the best of both worlds to me

the roots was my first show ever and blew my mind and was super dope but paak is like, just as good as blackthought & quest live and has like ~80% of their individual talents + singing + a spectacle of energy and charisma and showmanship

Pharaohs Army 07-01-2019 01:45 AM

saw the roots it was dope.
they were doing guitar solos and shit as well as rapping.

Geno 07-11-2019 04:52 AM

J.cole.. It was in D.C. i forget the venue name. But it was solely cole performing his, at that time new born sinner album shit. It was fire. He killed it

Objective 07-13-2019 09:14 PM

Sage Francis. Dude was just cool as shit and went into the crowd right after erforming the last track to give people hugs and talking to people. I think quite a few of those he gave hugs to really needed it too.

Before the show, and right next to where me and my friends sat down he ended up selling merch/cds/signing shit, they left for beers and taking phone calls before the show started. Sage ended up just sitting there by himself after the surge of people got their fix so ended up shooting the shit with him for about 15 mins. The concert was pretty dope too with different elements throughout.

I've been to quite a few shows and went to a few of the greats but the overall experience was just dope af with Sage.

Geno 07-13-2019 11:15 PM

Sage is dope.

Vel 07-18-2019 05:19 PM

Sage Francis with Ceshci opening, Ghost Face with a surprise performance by Killa Priest, Slaughterhouse, Eminem when he toured for the Eminem show and had the executioners, Ludacris and Xzibit all opening. Etc.