Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Creationist view of the Universe (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=32329)

Diode 11-13-2013 05:49 PM

The Creationist view of the Universe

@The Mind Assassin

http://atheismandme.com/wp-content/u...erspective.jpg

Fart 11-13-2013 06:02 PM

ldkjfrhedsjxk

veritas 11-13-2013 06:41 PM

what is your point?

except obv butthurt at your inability to defend your beliefs? in fact proving only that you have no idea what you actually believe or why you believe it.

thanks for the publicity.

PancakeBrah 11-13-2013 06:49 PM

Veritas is the bill12 of religious debates. If you ignore him life is much better and he loses what little influence he has in the first place.

It's a comfortable place to be in, bros.

veritas 11-13-2013 06:55 PM

ignore me all you want, or pop in with snarky remarks, it only proves you have lost. if I am so wrong prove it. give me a point which I cannot answer, answer the simple questions I propose without floundering.

that is all I ask.

V/ GOD.

Mike Wrecka 11-13-2013 06:56 PM

@The Mind Assassin , how old is the Earth?

veritas 11-13-2013 07:02 PM

I don't know. no one does.

there is an indeterminable gap of time between gen1:1 and gen1:2

Split 11-13-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mind Assassin (Post 207411)
ignore me all you want, or pop in with snarky remarks, it only proves you have lost. if I am so wrong prove it. give me a point which I cannot answer, answer the simple questions I propose without floundering.

that is all I ask.

V/ GOD.

YOUR LOGICAL FALLACY IS

DOO DEE DOOT DYEOOD DUEEOOTOSUDIS

BURDEN OF PROOF

Fart 11-13-2013 07:15 PM

@The Mind Assassin
have they translated the remaining 60% of the original Hebrew bible yet? no? k.

detour 11-13-2013 07:24 PM

if u faggots wanna burn in hell that's on u but don't expect everybody else to jump at the opportunity...I'd destroy ur insignificantly small world theory there with the watch/engine analogy but I doubt ur steroid damaged brain is capable of reasonable thought...what I will say instead is if u choose to believe that there is no sentient being behind all this then maybe u should read up on the staggering number of quantum physicists who have publicly stated there has to be someone out there running the show...even albert einstein said there has to be some kind of intelligence coordinating the universe...dumbass...

Mike Wrecka 11-13-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mind Assassin (Post 207413)
I don't know. no one does.

there is an indeterminable gap of time between gen1:1 and gen1:2

I have actually heard religious types claim that the Earth is 4,000 years old. ok next question

how come there is no mention of dinosaurs in the bible? Adam and Eve didn't seem to encounter them, and are they extinct because Noah didn't let them on the Ark?

detour 11-13-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka (Post 207423)
I have actually heard religious types claim that the Earth is 4,000 years old. ok next question

how come there is no mention of dinosaurs in the bible? Adam and Eve didn't seem to encounter them, and are they extinct because Noah didn't let them on the Ark?

the bible talks about animals being on the earth...does it specifically call them dinosaurs? no...is there any reason it should? no...

an the earth isn't 4,000 years old, that I'm sure of...HOWEVER carbon dating isn't really as accurate as some interests would have u believe...not only that, it operates on the assumption that the rate of carbon decay has never changed throughout the history of the earth, which is a pretty big assumption...

Mike Wrecka 11-13-2013 07:32 PM

so your saying that Adam and Eve did encounter dinosaurs , referred to simply as animals.

wow The Flintstones had it right

Mike Wrecka 11-13-2013 07:40 PM

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/...uy-d3ddzuy.jpg

YABBA DABBA DO YOU BELIEVE THIS TO BE REALITY?

detour 11-13-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka (Post 207426)
so your saying that Adam and Eve did encounter dinosaurs , referred to simply as animals.

wow The Flintstones had it right

smh really? why would the bible specify that certain animals were dinosaurs? a term they didnt even have a word for...animals are animals an I'm sure that's how people saw it...

don't forget the roots of a t rex's teeth rendered it incapable of eating meat...so what ur told about dinosaurs being vicious killing machines probably ain't nearly as accurate as u would like to believe...

Masaii 11-13-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka (Post 207423)

Dismiss the original answer with a follow up question...which was just answered by the original qiestion?

Great logic. We have yet another fail troll.

Mike Wrecka 11-13-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detour (Post 207460)
smh really? why would the bible specify that certain animals were dinosaurs? a term they didnt even have a word for...animals are animals an I'm sure that's how people saw it...

don't forget the roots of a t rex's teeth rendered it incapable of eating meat...so what ur told about dinosaurs being vicious killing machines probably ain't nearly as accurate as u would like to believe...

wow logic does not exist in your world. congrats on that. T Rex ate meat several studies have been done that shows the main teeth it used for biting were very deeply rooted. And why would it be the first and only animal that has sharp carnivorous looking teeth solely for eating plants.

even so , im pretty sure a velociraptor was a killing machine. or was he a herbivore as well?

all dinosaurs were just happy little herbivores that lived with people in perfect harmony.

that makes sense. your so right jewtour

Answer 11-13-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detour (Post 207422)
if u faggots wanna burn in hell that's on u but don't expect everybody else to jump at the opportunity...I'd destroy ur insignificantly small world theory there with the watch/engine analogy but I doubt ur steroid damaged brain is capable of reasonable thought...what I will say instead is if u choose to believe that there is no sentient being behind all this then maybe u should read up on the staggering number of quantum physicists who have publicly stated there has to be someone out there running the show...even albert einstein said there has to be some kind of intelligence coordinating the universe...dumbass...

Einstein was not an Atheist, nor did he follow any religion. He was Agnostic. He never said there *has* to be some kind of intelligence coordinating the universe, he stated that he had enough humility to admit that physics cannot prove whether or not there is a God. Quantum mechanics, Atomic Physics, and string theory weren't even fully DEVELOPED when Einstein was around. Yes, he was a smart guy. But a lot of things have been discovered since the 1900's, and these fields are STILL not fully developed.

And humility is something that neither the fervent Atheists OR the incompetent theists have.

Fact: Nobody can PROVE or DISPROVE the existence of a God

and there was a time in our primitive past when nobody could PROVE or DISPROVE that the earth was the center of the solar system. And for a LONG time, the catholic church would have us believe that it WAS a fact.

But that was erroneous. And now we DO have the technology to prove that it is in fact, the sun that is the center of the solar system, and not the Earth.

Because that's how science works. Science asks a question - makes a hypothesis - runs THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of meticulously designed experiments that well-controlled and -if- Every one of those experiments leads to the same result - we consider that a Scientific "Theory"

This is how religion works: Book was written by some guy millions of years ago. If I ask questions, I sincerely believe that I'll go to hell - so I don't ask anymore questions.

FACT: There may or may not be some sort of sentient being controlling the outcome of the universe, but if there IS - he designed an Earth where genetic mutations evolve via survival of the fittest and natural selection. Not an Earth where 2 naked people talked to a snake and made sons and daughters who all fucked each other.

/end of discussion

Tom Sparks 11-13-2013 08:28 PM

Earth is approx. 1.2 billion years old

The universe is approx. 3 billion years old

They say life on earth will no longer exist in 3 billion years cause the sun is constantly expanding and earth will pretty much be the next venus

PancakeBrah 11-13-2013 08:28 PM

Aside from this conversation, bolding or italicizing words in an argument actually makes your argument weaker. Your points should stand out on their own. It's amateurish. @Answer