Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Why is Discussion Board the most read section? (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=109412)

theMuzzl3 12-02-2014 07:58 AM

Why is Discussion Board the most read section?

Seriously, why are more people reading the discussion section of the forums, every time one checks to see whats going on?

Shouldn't people be reading the leagues, battles, open mic section, etc... more than discussion?

An art of writing and/or speaking to a beat or without a beat should be dominant on a forum such as this, in my opinion. And, that is why reading those sections is so important.

Since my loss of interest to write lyrics/poems/battles/whatever in any leagues & even open mic on this forum, I have not read anything from other writers in any leagues or tournaments. This is my confession. However, could this possibly be the case for any writers who are turned off by writing in leagues or tournaments... or even open mic, on this forum? I'm not asking this for you to give an answer to me. Ask yourself.

Yes, I will return to this forum and write again. Yes, some people turned my interest away from this forum. No, I do not blame them. Yes, I do question them. No, I do not feel that my writing in the alias tournament was judged unfairly. Yes, I do feel that my identity was given away and shared amongst top admins and forum participants. No, I don't feel that my writing was judged in a pour manor or unfairly. No, I do not feel I was judged more harshly because I am a Western-European-Mutt-American. Yes, I do feel that I was judged unfairly and flamed excessively because I disclosed my true identity. Yes, I plan on reading and possibly voting in several leagues before I make any attempt at returning to writing and posting in any league or tournament on this forum.

PS: YOU GUYS SUCK AT DRAWING. DRAW BETTER OR AT LEAST TRY MORE.

:)

Wise Wiggles 12-02-2014 08:40 AM

I'm getting a runny nose :-/

Joe Metts 12-02-2014 09:22 AM

Stop being a faggot and worry about yourself.

Answer 12-02-2014 09:26 AM

because you touch yourself at night

Diode 12-02-2014 09:40 AM

do i need to get rid of you again y/n

Sharp 12-02-2014 10:51 AM

preach

while we're here lets all look at the BA and how the mini survivor tourney needs votes

theMuzzl3 12-02-2014 10:58 AM

Before reading any replies, this is another idea I just randomly thought of while revisiting this forum:

Would it be possibly good for there to be an active topic in each league & tournament section of teh forums being titled something like "Past battles comments / reviews", for comments and reviews to be made of closed and past battles? I feel that (as a reader) I want to go and read a bunch of the past battles and/or written pieces that happened 1-8 or 1-16 weeks ago... and I want to be able to leave a comment in response (say as a late review or if I would have voted remark)?

If the admins think that that is a good idea... I would be super stoked. Because, a lot of the stuff I want to read... its just I feel like since the topics are closed I can't say my two cents or say "that was a bad ass post"... or, "I like what you wrote, but I wish it would have rhymed more or sync'd on specific beats, etc".

You feel me?

Destroyer 12-02-2014 11:00 AM

a better question:

why are u here at all?

theMuzzl3 12-02-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharp Nine (Post 445830)
preach

while we're here lets all look at the BA and how the mini survivor tourney needs votes

mini survivor? Sorry, I have been away. What is that?

People with one sentence answers just answered to themselves... IMO ppl r'nt that intellejent these day(z).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroyer (Post 445832)
a better question:

why are u here at all?

good Q. I got something to say.

I see a clear dodging of saying something real. Say something real or STFU; I honestly don't care either way. Jokes are jokes and thats fuckin great... but my post was serious and I'd hope for a serious response... or at least one that is superior in its entertainment realm... Diode, can you help? Thanks, dude.

Batty 12-02-2014 11:05 AM

Most of us here have battled hundreds of times and written hundreds of man-poems to a beat. People need a break from it, after doing it for many years, some of us need very long breaks.

discussion takes a lot less effort, there's a bit less no-shows and hate votes on average.

theMuzzl3 12-02-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batty (Post 445837)
Most of us here have battled hundreds of times and written hundreds of man-poems to a beat. People need a break from it, after doing it for many years, some of us need very long breaks.

discussion takes a lot less effort, there's a bit less no-shows and hate votes on average.

thats a real response. Thanks.

This is a good point.

One of my responses was that battles/topics that were closed should have some way to be commented on by (especially) seasoned battlists and lyrical writers (etc). I think it would give more incentive for people who have written much and experienced the nature of battling and/or emcee'ing, or even just writing... to go dip back into the past, and make a post about recognizing someone's writing from the past.

I suppose what I am suggesting is boosting up the archives in some way to encourage writers/lyricists who may have been absent to dip back into the past and drop encouragements towards those writers' futures in some way.

Allen Knight 12-02-2014 12:05 PM

http://memecrunch.com/meme/1BHYL/bitch-stfu/image.png

Witty 12-02-2014 12:05 PM

Nobody cares anymore dude, neither would you if you had been doing it for 10+ years.

theMuzzl3 12-02-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen Knight (Post 445883)

ty, I'd rep u if I had some left to send.

Damnit though, I feel a need to respond to Witty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witty (Post 445884)
Nobody cares anymore dude, neither would you if you had been doing it for 10+ years.

I think everybody who has been doing it 10+ years, more (or less), has to give a fuck to some degree (unless they quit). Otherwise, they wouldn't bother posting shit on the net. Also, I think that the internet gives a somewhat new venue for lyrics to be written and posted (in several different formats)... which is what makes this site so great.

If you're just spitting shit into a mic and freestyling while battling, you have like 1-2 seconds to think of some shit quickly (or at least start saying something and tie it together as you flow). On the net... its clearly a different battle arena... people be saying some shit on here that you'd have to google to make sense of.

+ I'd add some rep to Witty also, if I haven't spread rep too much recently.

Hush 12-02-2014 12:47 PM

Tl dr

Seek help elsewhere

Hush 12-02-2014 12:48 PM

Tl dr

Seek help elsewhere

theMuzzl3 12-02-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hush (Post 445911)
Tl dr

Seek help elsewhere

Like I said, respond to yourself.

Hush 12-02-2014 01:09 PM

How would I know what u said it's too long to
Read asshole

theMuzzl3 12-02-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hush (Post 445923)
How would I know what u said it's too long to
Read asshole

How Would eye no what u sayed
Its note English, ice whole

One nation, Under God, Fuck the Police... you mother fucker. Don't try to fight the Police, dumb ass. Now, you're dead. What?

Fart 12-02-2014 09:46 PM

why is discussion the most discussed forum here? is what you asked