Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sleep paralyses. Anyone here suffer from this? (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=127022)

Geno 02-09-2018 02:36 PM

Sleep paralyses. Anyone here suffer from this?

My Girl does a lot. Hasnt been recently but i think its because shes been getting better sleep. Sleep paralyses is when you wake up but your body hasnt come out of "atonia" yet so your voluntary muscle movements are in a parylyzed state. You open your eyes but cant move. A lot of times people hallucinate and see this dark figure and feel like there is pressure on there chest and its hard to breath its pretty scary shit. Ive seen my girl do it a bunch of times its crazy. But its the shit that people see during this that makes it even scarier. Like a shadow figure. Or alien being that feels evil and like it shouldnt be there.

Any of you ever experience this shit? They say everyone will at least once. Some people experience regularly like my firl does tho. Do ajy of you? What do you see while its happening

Amen 02-09-2018 02:46 PM

Has she ever had a sleep study conducted?

Never experienced, but know a few people that suffer from this on the regular.

Cred 02-09-2018 02:59 PM

Happened to me before awhile back for like a month straight. Shit was pretty intense, definitely felt like a demonic presence tbfr

Ghost1 02-09-2018 03:08 PM

u see...pray to the devil and the devil will make his presence felt in your life.

for shame!

Cred 02-09-2018 03:17 PM

Lmao I ended up saying fuck it n jus continued sleeping like the shits normal

Ghost1 02-09-2018 03:21 PM

lmfso gone

cred said FUCK THAT paralyzed?!? pfft...not until I get done sleeping.

Aero 02-09-2018 03:41 PM

lol

Nick James 02-09-2018 04:22 PM

geno been slippin G in her drinks

Amen 02-09-2018 04:23 PM

Nah, thats what she tell him while he trying to lay pipe, so he don't feel discouraged or terrible.

"She paralyzed" ROFL

Inno 02-09-2018 04:52 PM

My wife went through it as a kid.

She tells me stories of hearing foot steps and kids playing around her bed. How she felt like at one point the laughter stopped and she felt this pressure on her chest and tried screaming but nothing would come out.

Shits wild

Finnydot 02-09-2018 05:01 PM

I have sleep apnea, which is when you stop breathing while you sleep. I constantly wake up short of breath in a panic because your dreams immediately turn to nightmares. Had dreams someone was fucking with my kid. I constantly have dreams of my ex fucking around on me again. Sleep disorders aren't no joke. I have anxiety real bad when I'm awake and constantly have days almost entirely ruined as soon as I wake up. It's honestly the main reason I started listening to City and Colour because he's got a song called Sleeping Sickness where he talks about sleep apnea. Plus dude talks about depression and how he copes with it. Never had this happen, tho.

bleak 02-09-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinity Tha rellik (Post 641206)
I have sleep apnea, which is when you stop breathing while you sleep. I constantly wake up short of breath in a panic because your dreams immediately turn to nightmares. Had dreams someone was fucking with my kid. I constantly have dreams of my ex fucking around on me again. Sleep disorders aren't no joke. I have anxiety real bad when I'm awake and constantly have days almost entirely ruined as soon as I wake up. It's honestly the main reason I started listening to City and Colour because he's got a song called Sleeping Sickness where he talks about sleep apnea. Plus dude talks about depression and how he copes with it. Never had this happen, tho.

MY sister also has this but she uses a breathing machine at night. You've had sleep tests done, I assume?

Geno 02-09-2018 05:15 PM

Nah. No tests

Ive watched her go througj it.tho.
Ill see her eyes open and she looks terrified..making noise like she trying to speak but nothing comes out. And ill get concerned thinking she having a nigjtmare ot somethings wrong and im like are you ok.. Are you ok???
With no response until suddenly she comes out of it and is laughing at me and says she was paralysed. Its happened several times like that. But shess had it happen way more times than id like to think about that i didnt even know.or was asleep. Who knows what shes felt.or seen. Pretty scary

Nick James 02-09-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinity Tha rellik (Post 641206)

explains wat was happenin when u wrote that song

Elemental P 02-09-2018 05:50 PM

I have before and it's fucked up. Quite a few occasions. Had to literally scream myself awake...it's almost like your body is asleep but ur concious of it but still can't move

Geno 02-09-2018 06:20 PM

This is a more scientific explanation of what it is and why certain people have it and others dont..

"When you enter deep REM sleep, your brain tells the body's voluntary muscles to relax and go into almost a state of paralysis, which is called atonia. Atonia actually helps protect the body from injury by preventing you from acting out the physical movements in your dreams. In other parasomnias, such as sleepwalking or REM sleep behavior disorder, atonia does not occur properly and the voluntary muscles move while the mind remains asleep, which is why people can sometimes do crazy things in their sleep and be totally unaware of it.

In sleep paralysis, the body remains paralyzed in REM atonia while the brain awakens and the eyes start to open, explains Breus. Sufferers become alert in a transient conscious state, but they are unable to move voluntary muscles or speak. Although involuntary muscle movement, like breathing, is not affected, there is often a sensation of chest pressure, which is why many people wake up from sleep paralysis gasping to take a deep breath. Episodes can last anywhere from 20 seconds to a few minutes."

Geno 02-09-2018 06:23 PM

Theres a great documentary about sleep paralyses on netflix called. "The nightmare" it goes further into the shit people see and talks about why so many people see what seems to characteristically be the same presence or entity. Its pretty scary shit man i sugvest anyone interested watch the doc.. Its one of my favorites on netflix ive viewed it a couple times especially cause my girl struggles with this issue..

~RustyGunZ~ 02-09-2018 07:19 PM

I had it a lot when I was 16 to 19 and since it happens now and then

I take the cred approach and just go back to sleep

Chill Phil 02-10-2018 02:21 AM

I've had a few episodes of it. It's fuckin' terrifying.

Elemental P 02-10-2018 03:01 AM

Yea the shit Gen posted is right but that don't make the shit less terrifying. I felt like my fucking soul was being sucked out of me, but I noticed it happen more when I was on my pain pills which I can see it playing a role. Haven't had it in a while tho and I seen the Netflix shit where the dude has like 30 TVs all set on static....weird af