Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   AOWL Season 2 Archive (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Week 1 Predictions and Discussion (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=19439)

Mike Wrecka 09-20-2013 09:25 PM

Week 1 Predictions and Discussion

Week 1 Predictions and Discussion

YDK vs. Scripter
vividlyvague vs. Innovator
Mike Wrecka vs. Mr. J
namesake vs Defy Gravity
Plot vs. nO gOoD!
dead man vs. UNFUKWITABLE
Fig vs. Aesthetic
Vulgar vs. Adonis
Rawn MD vs. Zenland
Nigma vs. NYCSPITZ
Witty vs. Certain
Genocide vs. Frank

Zen 09-20-2013 10:32 PM

Drunk. Lets discuss

YDK 09-20-2013 11:22 PM

I didn't realize shit was due on Thursday lol Thursdays an Fridays my only days off so future reference I MAY need an auto extension till Friday if for some reason I don't ask for one thursday

Inno 09-20-2013 11:27 PM

Pictures dont work.

Aesthetic 09-20-2013 11:32 PM

Week 1:

YDK vs. Scripter

I have never seen either of these cats so im probably going to be voting primarily on their battles to check them out and give them feedback, excited for newcomers as always.

I always liked Innovator's style and admire him as a storyeller and raw/internal outlook. I might be thinking of someone else though I dont remember, last season I was in was almost 6 months ago.

Mike Wrecka vs. Mr. J

Your one of the strongest lyrical players on this joint with a multitude of skills; you can win when you want to, so ill just fold on your bluffs.

namesake vs Defy Gravity

I dig on gravity, dude's got an interesting style looking forward to see him right.

Plot vs. nO gOoD!

Man's a storyteller, a talented one if that.

Dead man is always a fun read and is one of the best artist on this site with Rawn and Mike ; it's on his motivation.

Fig vs. Aesthetic

I like figurative's words and flow, jacked to hear what he brings but I aint seen him in a while so his work is gonna be a shadow punch.
(irrelevant)
Im trying something new and decided to write my piece in the same day rather then dragging it over the course of dead-line; hopefully it makes a difference im not fixing on a 0-10 streak lol.
Battle of the 17's...

Vulgar vs. Adonis

I dont recall any of adonis's work and vaguely remember vulgar being a villain to fuck with.

Rawn MD vs. Zenland

Im hyped as fuck; zenland always brings some trippy as visual comprehension's that a vivid and just ecstatic in they own. But man Rawn is ruthless on his lyrical game.

Nigma vs. NYCSPITZ

Nigma is legendary, point and case; I remember seeing this dude on like 2 or maybe 3 other forums always bring's his best. Spitz is intelligent and ill give him the credibility of talent but im seein Nigma as another league.

Witty vs. Certain

Im not certain Certain is witty enough to fuck with a fox..
And witty is never certain about how witty even he himself is...
You both are fucking homos and you both lose.

Genocide vs. Frank

Frank da gawd; period.

Now I know we dont have enough member's for it, but we should really do a ranking system and categorization thing again with like a bronze league - gold league so the worst aren't fucking with a gawd and the gawd get's a free win, feel me? I mean shit im outclassed by everyone here but if I know who the toughest in my bracket is I have a goal that's not completely hopeless.

Looking forward to this season.

Dove Dozer 09-21-2013 12:07 AM

Who is plot? An alias?

Zen 09-21-2013 12:24 AM

The champ is here.

Mike Wrecka 09-21-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenland (Post 156972)
The champ is here.

yes I am Zen. yes I am

thanks for the introduction, you should be around to say that when I walk into any room

Mike Wrecka 09-21-2013 07:45 AM

@Vividlyvague , your image is working fine for me. is anyone else having a problem seeing it ?

e11even 09-21-2013 09:28 AM

im good. i url'd it then dl'd it. lol.

Zen 09-21-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka (Post 157046)
yes I am Zen. yes I am

thanks for the introduction, you should be around to say that when I walk into any room

I do what I can mike. You know I got chu

Inno 09-21-2013 10:30 AM

Im coming in bronze again

Its all part of my plan...

Next season im coming a mixer of silvrrbronze

Zen 09-21-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innovator (Post 157087)
Im coming in bronze again

Its all part of my plan...

Next season im coming a mixer of silvrrbronze

Dude I'm gonna be honest, I think I've told you this before, but a piece you wrote last year vs mike I think was one of my favorites I read last year. Fuck bronze get that gold man

Inno 09-21-2013 11:16 AM

thank you good sir.

ama roll one in your name

Zen 09-21-2013 11:26 AM

Word

Certain 09-21-2013 12:30 PM

YDK vs. Scripter
This is a well-matched battle, though, and I could see it going either way.

I'm interested to see what vividlyvague brings after reading him in open mic, but I think Innovator's topical experience gives him the edge.

Mike Wrecka vs. Mr. J
This match would be a lot more interesting if they agreed on a line limit.

namesake vs Defy Gravity
I've never read namesake. Defy Gravity is OK.

Plot vs. nO gOoD!
I'm sure my fellow moderator is going to want to come out of the gate well. This should be close, though, because Plot is good.

I think I read one of UNFUKWITABLE's battle verses. Doesn't matter. dead man wins.

Fig vs. Aesthetic
Their topic should have been Will Smith's mom from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air credits.

Vulgar vs. Adonis
This will be the battle where you have read three psychology dissertations and a novel before voting.

Rawn MD vs. Zenland
Zenland already dropped, and he's a good writer. But so is Rawn. Hopefully Rawn takes his time.

Nigma vs. NYCSPITZ
If NYCSPITZ shows, this should be a really good matchup.

Witty vs. Certain
I am better than you.

Genocide vs. Frank
This is the obvious best matchup of the round. I could see it going either way. I hope Frank shows.

PancakeBrah 09-21-2013 12:42 PM

YDK vs. Scripter
Mike Wrecka vs. Mr. J
namesake vs Defy Gravity - mutually assured destruction please
Plot vs. nO gOoD!
Fig vs. Aesthetic
Vulgar vs. Adonis
Rawn MD vs. Zenland
Nigma vs. NYCSPITZ
Witty vs. Certain
Genocide vs. Frank - BOTW

Dove Dozer 09-21-2013 12:51 PM

Yo cake, that is my fav all time cd on earth. I still bump it on the reg. Man wheels of steel was the shit to rap to in the day. There is a sweet break.

4 time outkast and it don't stop.... Then it starts.

Ahhhh sooo dope

Zen 09-21-2013 01:04 PM

Botw is definitely frank and geno. I'm ready to read that shit but I got frank taking it.
Witty and certain/ vulgar and Adonis are close seconds for botw

Geno 09-21-2013 01:53 PM

Vetwork.

Lest we forget