Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Congratulations to the Following Members for Becoming Inducted into the OM HOF for October. (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=30433)

Geno 11-05-2013 08:48 PM

Congratulations to the Following Members for Becoming Inducted into the OM HOF for October.

Darth Yoda: the clockwork orgy
http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=25679

Dead man & Geno: far from human
http://www.netcees.co/showthread.php?t=25505

Dead Man: genesis grey
http://www.netcees.co/showthread.php?t=28190

Excellent work

As for september and august, I'm ontop of that now.. my apologies for losing myy auust results and simply slacking ass in september. I will will make it right though

So congrats are going out to..

@dead man
@Darth Yoda
@Genocide

All three nominations just barely made it in with 3 out of 5 votes leaning for yes.
Congrats!!!

If an admin could apply new accomps for those inducted that would be great. Thanks.

Geno 11-05-2013 09:21 PM

Upping for recognition
Last time. Props to those inducted, btw

PancakeBrah 11-05-2013 09:28 PM

Congrats. I'll get the accomps in a minute.

Darth Yoda 11-05-2013 09:36 PM

kewl!!

Vulgar 11-05-2013 10:17 PM

Grats guise.

Frank 11-05-2013 11:36 PM

i disagree with genesis gray, only cause I've seen Black/Dead - drop crazier shit. It had it's vintage Black moments such as the following

a legend was born. now every other legend disturbed
a legacy in theory is a legacy earned
there's nothing to teach and even less to be learned
symmetrical, serum ventricle, dimensional curves
objectivity is preference preferred. stencil these words
forever reversed, scripted lifestyle, existential, rehearsed
objectivity's collectively subjective at worst.

but the yoshie line and the copy line killed any true chance of this being truly hof. just my 2 cents. from an admiring writer. black is my nigga but I'm just keeping it a 100. The collab with genocide was killer. Def deserving. and the that darth yoda joint was stupid. them dudes have epitomized the open mic forum

dead man 11-05-2013 11:50 PM

word cool shit.. thanks to everyone who gave it a look and props to darth of course. pretty surprised to see far from human make it in for a few reasons

who was on the panel?

Frank 11-05-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead man (Post 200475)
word cool shit.. thanks to everyone who gave it a look and props to darth of course. pretty surprised to see far from human make it in for a few reasons

which reasons??

Wise Wiggles 11-06-2013 08:21 AM

Because it was 20 minute keystyle that was nothing out of the ordinary. Who was on this panel?

Objective 11-06-2013 08:33 AM

Congrats!! :)

Zen 11-06-2013 08:37 AM

Congrats fellas.

Certain 11-06-2013 12:15 PM

An interesting question pops up with someone such as dead man, who is so consistently great: Should his pieces be evaluated based on his own standards or the standards of the Hall of Fame at large?

In my opinion (as a panelist), "The Clockwork Orgy" was the best piece written this month, but "Genesis Gray" was close. Part of my thinking in not voting "Genesis Gray" in was that dead man wrote a better piece the previous month, "Self-Centricity, in stages." I was very surprised to see that verse omitted by the September voters, particularly in the context of both of these dead man pieces being ushered in.

If "Genesis Gray" and "Far From Human" are Hall of Fame material, then the Hall of Fame is going to be full of dead man's writing in no time, in my opinion. If "Self-Centricity, in stages" is not, then there probably isn't much worthy at all.

Wise Wiggles 11-06-2013 12:20 PM

^ you should read his older stuff. Like February's Song, or The Boy Who Cried Apocalypse.

PancakeBrah 11-06-2013 12:20 PM

A.madden was the best of the lot.

Split 11-06-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wise Ways (Post 200839)
^ you should read his older stuff. Like February's Song, or The Boy Who Cried Apocalypse.

where can i find those

Mike Wrecka 11-06-2013 06:32 PM

reading dead man verses is a double edged sword. kinda makes you feel inspired and discouraged all at the same time.

and @Certain, was his September piece nominated? a lot of verses that are deserving just never get nominated for various reasons. that's why I think the nomination process is kind of flawed.

the panel should select the verses to be judged perhaps

Split 11-06-2013 06:39 PM

Nah I like the setup we have

Though id say the panel needs to either be publicized after the vote or it needs to be from a certain Voters List or something

Geno 11-06-2013 06:44 PM

Chosing an august panel now. Any volunteers who aren't nommed and would like to vote should get at me.

Vulgar
Split
Zygote
Lars
Deadman
Zombie
Pancake
Nigma

All have been nommed, anyone other then them who'd like to vote should PM me asap please!

Split 11-06-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genocide (Post 201093)
Chosing an august panel now. Any volunteers who aren't nommed and would like to vote should get at me.

Vulgar
Split
Zygote
Lars
Deadman
Zombie
Pancake
Nigma

All have been nommed, anyone other then them who'd like to vote should PM me asap please!

@Pent uP

Geno 11-06-2013 06:50 PM

The problem with the nom process is simple. People don't nom enough. They are either to self righteous, lazy, or just plain don't know what god from bad writing is. And apparently my judges are facing the same speculation from people in here to? Is what it is. If your shit makes it in after such "flawed" processing.. then just consider yourself that much more of a special individual around here.. maybe? Don't know what else to say about it.