Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   GWL Archive (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=291)
-   -   GWL CHAT WEEK 7: (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=143082)

Inno 05-05-2020 11:45 AM

GWL CHAT WEEK 7:

Champ match

@Scar vs @Bodey

Contenders

Inno vs @Ender

@dead man vs @Adverse

@Universe vs @Clutbuck

@Artifice vs @Johnny 6 feet

@NoetiC vs @Blue Bayou

@Elfo vs @Ouch

@Sinacog vs @Headless Verseman

@Candy vs @Pharaohs Army

Battles will be up soon! Congrats to scar for taking the belt from UNI
This should be a another great week with all the new sign ups!
@brokenhal0 let me know if you want a match this week my bad I didn’t give you one last week.

Enjoy!

Inno 05-05-2020 11:55 AM

All accomps have been updated. Battles up in a few

Johnny 6 feet 05-05-2020 11:55 AM

15 lines max or 15 bars (30 lines)?

Inno 05-05-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny 6 feet (Post 768683)
15 lines max or 15 bars (30 lines)?

That’s only for the pic challenge and it’s 15 lines max for that

For you match you will have. 30 line limit

Johnny 6 feet 05-05-2020 12:02 PM

Great. Thanks for clearing that up.

Inno 05-05-2020 12:03 PM

@Adverse send me a topic for my battle

dead man 05-05-2020 12:30 PM

lesgooooo

Universe 05-05-2020 01:03 PM

@Scar ... Just wanted to say congrats on the win. I loved everything about your verse... you definitely threw everything but the kitchen sink at me haha, and I thought it was a very bold and creative approach. Be proud of champing this league man, you deserve it.

Enjoy.

@Inno Where is @Pharaohs Army?

Inno 05-05-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universe (Post 768695)
@Scar ... Just wanted to say congrats on the win. I loved everything about your verse... you definitely threw everything but the kitchen sink at me haha, and I thought it was a very bold and creative approach. Be proud of champing this league man, you deserve it.

Enjoy.

Shit my bad forgot to give him a battle

Inno 05-05-2020 02:17 PM

MATCHES UP MAG IN 2 DAYS!

Adverse 05-05-2020 02:38 PM

@Inno sorry for not voting the champ match sat down three different times to do it and got interrupted each time for the record though it was super close congrats @Scar

Scar 05-05-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universe (Post 768695)

Enjoy.

thank you bro. im not lying when i say i've never been more nervous to right than for that battle. Not sure if thats normal but its honest lulz. I wish more people voted because i can almost guarantee, the votes would have been much closer - the result might even be different. and now i got bodey lulz. no breaks for me man.

Scar 05-05-2020 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adverse (Post 768714)
@Inno sorry for not voting the champ match sat down three different times to do it and got interrupted each time for the record though it was super close congrats @Scar

thanks, Ad.

Inno 05-05-2020 04:58 PM

@NoetiC

That’s the idea bro

Johnny 6 feet 05-05-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scar (Post 768720)
thank you bro. im not lying when i say i've never been more nervous to right than for that battle. Not sure if thats normal but its honest lulz. I wish more people voted because i can almost guarantee, the votes would have been much closer - the result might even be different. and now i got bodey lulz. no breaks for me man.

I think nerves are good in a situation like this because it shows you care. Whether it's words on a page or your vocals on a track you're putting yourself out there for people to judge. Showcasing your talent is always a personal thing regardless of the circumstances.

Trust me, I get it too, and this is coming from someone who spend 4 years total living out of a suitcase doing touring theatre shows the length and breadth of the UK. It didn't matter if the audience was kids or adults, 2000 performances later I still got butterflies. 20+ years on and off doing topical battles and it's the same.

Candy 05-05-2020 06:04 PM

Scar vs Bodey

Contenders

Inno vs Ender

dead man vs Adverse

Universe vs Clutbuck

Artifice vs Johnny 6 feet

NoetiC vs Blue Bayou

Elfo vs Ouch

Sinacog vs Headless Verseman

Candy vs Pharaohs Army

Universe 05-05-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny 6 feet (Post 768750)
I think nerves are good in a situation like this because it shows you care. Whether it's words on a page or your vocals on a track you're putting yourself out there for people to judge. Showcasing your talent is always a personal thing regardless of the circumstances.

Trust me, I get it too, and this is coming from someone who spend 4 years total living out of a suitcase doing touring theatre shows the length and breadth of the UK. It didn't matter if the audience was kids or adults, 2000 performances later I still got butterflies. 20+ years on and off doing topical battles and it's the same.

Well said. Yeah, if you're not shitting yourself while staring at a blank page with a deadline looming ahead than you are not a writer lol.

Inno 05-05-2020 06:33 PM

Should be a solid week. Hoping all new entries show up

Johnny 6 feet 05-05-2020 06:37 PM

1st draft is done :). I always find the hardest part is figuring out the direction to take the title/picture in. The rest is not producing something so bad it could give herpes to aids.

Universe 05-05-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny 6 feet (Post 768772)
1st draft is done :). I always find the hardest part is figuring out the direction to take the title/picture in. The rest is not producing something so bad it could give herpes to aids.

I like this guy