Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What woukd the game have been like if pac were to have manages biggie the way big wanted him to.. (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=124629)

Geno 09-10-2016 12:06 PM

What woukd the game have been like if pac were to have manages biggie the way big wanted him to..

..they might still be around.. And the collabs. Oh my the collabs. Smh. What a waste. I mean pac manages to get tons of material out. More dope material and more consistent than any other rapper you can name... But damn had they both managed to stay alive and actually been on the same team. What an album that would have been. Smh.

Witty 09-10-2016 12:14 PM

I don't understand how Pac was more consistent than any other emcee I could name.

He had a lot of dope songs...but he also had a significant amount of not so great songs.

Ghost1 09-10-2016 12:54 PM

The goat

The jigga man

J hova

Has a far more vast catalogue and is painfully more consistent

Pac is up there tho

And stfu geno this thread sucks

Pac an big would've made shit colabs and never done an entire project together

Put a boner in ur moutb

Mr. J 09-10-2016 01:46 PM

Curren$y is beyond consistent..

same could be said about Wayne too. ...I suppose

Inno 09-10-2016 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. J (Post 602722)
Curren$y is beyond consistent..

same could be said about Wayne too. ...I suppose

But currency recycles a lot of his verses and tbh I fuck with
Currency heavy I got all dem joints. But I feel like he's a an artist
You hate or love no inbetween.

I don't why so many hate on pac tho.

Troublesome is still a banger

Mr. J 09-10-2016 06:46 PM

Yea but there are some gems scattered in his vast discography though.

pac lost his steam to me when everyone around you has Pac on like daily...either that or Bone Thugs or Tech N9ne or Mac Dre.

Ugh just thinking about all that makes my stomach turn

Inno 09-10-2016 07:37 PM

Lol@bone thugs dem niggas was alright in my book

Greed 09-10-2016 09:00 PM

Ah hell.

Listen.

Pacs 6 or so post mortem albums can still be put in any type of playlist today and only improve it. I say 6 because i dont know how many post mortem albums he actually has. Its a lot though.

Realizing he is dead and put out strong albums till what, 2008? 2009? At least 10 years after death?

If hova died today his current catalogue is exactly all that would remain. Pac had a lot left in him.

Biggie did too, but pacs work ethic transcended his life.

Certain 09-10-2016 09:09 PM

Consistent is Guru. Consistent is Posdnuos. Consistent is Big Boi. Consistent is Ghostface Killah. Consistent is Redman.

Consistent is not 2Pac.

uh-oh 09-10-2016 09:17 PM

pac>

Certain 09-10-2016 09:21 PM

He was really great, objectively better than the five guys I just mentioned. He just wasn't consistent.

Ghost1 09-10-2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greed (Post 602824)
Ah hell.

Listen.

Pacs 6 or so post mortem albums can still be put in any type of playlist today and only improve it. I say 6 because i dont know how many post mortem albums he actually has. Its a lot though.

Realizing he is dead and put out strong albums till what, 2008? 2009? At least 10 years after death?

If hova died today his current catalogue is exactly all that would remain. Pac had a lot left in him.

Biggie did too, but pacs work ethic transcended his life.

Cmon man

Last year I downloaded a 10 disc collection of just mixtape tracks, freestyles & appearances ALONE.

On top of that he has wat.....12 albums?

An are we really acting like he doesn't have throwaway shit that would never see the light of day unless he died tomorrow... same as pac?

Absurd.

EVEN IF HE DIDNT.....his catalogue extends much further then pacs......and really to say pac would've stayed consistent is just an assumption also......them post mortem albums ain't great ....one or 2 of em r good....

I could go on....but he's just no Jay. Jay is the goat.

I fuck w pac tho.

Certain 09-10-2016 10:08 PM

The fact that 2Pac's body of work has been raped repeatedly is not an argument that he was consistent.

Blanco Bishop 09-10-2016 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Certain (Post 602825)
Consistent is Guru. Consistent is Posdnuos. Consistent is Big Boi. Consistent is Ghostface Killah. Consistent is Redman.

Consistent is not 2Pac.

100 years from now, 2pac will be one of three or four artists mentioned when rap is mentioned.

Foh.

Mr. J 09-10-2016 10:16 PM

^^^*dead*^^^

Certain 09-10-2016 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blanco Bishop (Post 602836)
100 years from now, 2pac will be one of three or four artists mentioned when rap is mentioned.

Foh.

I don't even disagree at all. You can be great but not consistent. Most greats are. Prince, my favorite musician of all time by far, was very inconsistent throughout his career. Both 2Pac and Prince are defined more by their ambition and the desire to be great at everything. That's what sets them apart and makes them so much more culturally relevant.

Blanco Bishop 09-10-2016 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Certain (Post 602839)
I don't even disagree at all. You can be great but not consistent. Most greats are. Prince, my favorite musician of all time by far, was very inconsistent throughout his career. Both 2Pac and Prince are defined more by their ambition and the desire to be great at everything. That's what sets them apart and makes them so much more culturally relevant.

OK.

but I'm interested to know as to y u say pac was not consistent

Certain 09-10-2016 10:44 PM

You ever listen to the second disc of All Eyez on Me?

Blanco Bishop 09-10-2016 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Certain (Post 602843)
You ever listen to the second disc of All Eyez on Me?

Ok.

I'll admitt that the outlawz didn't do him any favors.

Any other quarrels with it?

Certain 09-10-2016 10:59 PM

Thug Life wasn't good. 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My NIGGAZ were up and down, though I like both. Me Against the World, All Eyez on Me Disc 1 and The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory are unimpeachable, though, particularly Me Against the World.