Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Black Panther (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=127108)

wasim 02-19-2018 12:15 PM

Black Panther

Saw the flick last weekend. AMAZING movie. Definitely the top of the MCU.

The cast absolutely killed it, Michael B Jordan shined every moment he was in. Plot was on point. Damn, this movie was great. Anybody seen it? Thoughts?

King Karaoke 02-19-2018 12:28 PM

Hi...

Second best MCU movie...
Only WS was better...
Killmonger is the greatest mcu hero of all time...

Bye...

Orc 02-19-2018 12:33 PM

I thought WS was better too. Maybe on par. The movie was great. Michael Jordan killed it. Brilliant performance.

ACTIVATE SELF 02-19-2018 12:37 PM

Shit was raw as fuck. I could get into some subliminal sociopolitical seeds of inception that were planted in the movie. But the overall symbology of what it represented and meant was pretty dope. And on a purely superficial blockbuster level it's probably the best MCU film to date. On a deeper level there's no question that it is.

wasim 02-19-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACTIVATE SELF (Post 643046)
Shit was raw as fuck. I could get into some subliminal sociopolitical seeds of inception that were planted in the movie. But the overall symbology of what it represented and meant was pretty dope. And on a purely superficial blockbuster level it's probably the best MCU film to date. On a deeper level there's no question that it is.

Perfectly said. That scene were Killmonger was in the spiritual world was intense. Dude never "left" Oakland and will always be there in his heart, despite trying to conquer Wakanda.

wasim 02-19-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orc (Post 643045)
I thought WS was better too. Maybe on par. The movie was great. Michael Jordan killed it. Brilliant performance.

For real. Did you catch the 2nd post credit scene? Great scene, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Karaoke (Post 643044)
Hi...

Second best MCU movie...
Only WS was better...
Killmonger is the greatest mcu hero of all time...

Bye...

Sounds about right.

ACTIVATE SELF 02-19-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasim (Post 643047)
Perfectly said. That scene were Killmonger was in the spiritual world was intense. Dude never "left" Oakland and will always be there in his heart, despite trying to conquer Wakanda.

Which is kind of neat when you consider the fact the actual Black Panther Party was birth in Oakland, California.

ACTIVATE SELF 02-19-2018 01:09 PM

Also, in the comics T'Challa eventually gets married to Storm. I found it interesting how much his mother looked like an older version of the character. I can't say for sure if it was intentional foreshadowing, because the parallel wouldn't really add up to much if it were. At least as far as I know (or not at this point). But, still, it was something that caught my eye.

Geno 02-19-2018 02:18 PM

Wtf is ws tho

Havnt seen it yet. Plan to

Enbombz 02-19-2018 02:25 PM

Winter soldier

Ghost1 02-19-2018 02:27 PM

yea every1 I talked to pretty much said it was fire. if that's the case whoever made the trailer needs to get the axe asap cuz I thought for sure off the preview it was gonna be terrible.

wasim 02-19-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost1 (Post 643062)
yea every1 I talked to pretty much said it was fire. if that's the case whoever made the trailer needs to get the axe asap cuz I thought for sure off the preview it was gonna be terrible.

Lmfao this is why i dont watch trailers nowadays. No expectations no nothing

Rude 02-19-2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACTIVATE SELF (Post 643052)
Also, in the comics T'Challa eventually gets married to Storm. I found it interesting how much his mother looked like an older version of the character. I can't say for sure if it was intentional foreshadowing, because the parallel wouldn't really add up to much if it were. At least as far as I know (or not at this point). But, still, it was something that caught my eye.

I was thinking the same thing in the first scene they showed her hair. (Now that Disney owns the rights, it could happen. their son Azari is my favorite part of Next Avengers)

Amen 02-19-2018 02:51 PM

Took my kids to see it. Got there. Saw a bunch of African Americans dressed in African cultural shit and cheetah flip flops, turned around and left.

Taking the memes way to serious.

Heard it was good tho. Not my type of movie, honestly but the kids love all them Marv Comic movies...

King Karaoke 02-19-2018 03:04 PM

Hi...

A ncs thread just isnt complete without an Amen lie...

Bye...

wasim 02-19-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amen (Post 643078)
Took my kids to see it. Got there. Saw a bunch of African Americans dressed in African cultural shit and cheetah flip flops, turned around and left.

Taking the memes way to serious.

Heard it was good tho. Not my type of movie, honestly but the kids love all them Marv Comic movies...

missing out, your loss.

Nick James 02-19-2018 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost1 (Post 643062)

lmao I thought the same shit

Amen 02-19-2018 03:09 PM

What is there to lie about?

The fact that there are weirdos taking the whole “black super hero” thing mad serious?

Like Blankman never existed? FOH... lol

Ghost1 02-19-2018 03:14 PM

I mean ..... black panther comic book was created in 66 the same year the party was organized

stan lee created the xmen 3 years prior during a crucial point in the civil rights movement and depicted characters founded in a minority group of people with gifted abilities being hated by the masses solely for being different

its ok to be willfully ignorant but to speak so brazenly on topics youre painfully out of touch with is obnoxious

atleast hate the blacks intelligently sheesh

King Karaoke 02-19-2018 03:29 PM

Hi...

heres the thing...
I dont really think Amen hates black people in real life...
He does it on here to impress people but he would never say any of these things to black people in real life...
Well not enough to walk out of a movie theatre because there are too many blacks...
Then again the fact that his wife has to watch Mandingo Warriors 67 on VR to be sexually satisfied may genuinely give him a reason to hate black people...

Bye...