Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lets talk Gaming. Specifically JRPG titles .. (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=149618)

Geno 09-13-2021 06:49 AM

Lets talk Gaming. Specifically JRPG titles ..

..i want to know, from any true gamers. What are your favorite, if any, JRPG titles. And lets keep at Relatively newer ones.. like 2018 and forward if you can.

Just wondering im getting deeper into rpgs and i havnt really played a lot of JRPG titles mainly because they seem so aimed at younger audiances with the animations and dialogues, really just the content in general. Im wondering though if maybe ive missed some really dope titles along the way due to my prejudices. Lmk what you think

Incredible 09-13-2021 09:08 AM

I play fortnite

~RustyGunZ~ 09-13-2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Earl (Post 813308)
..i want to know, from any true gamers. What are your favorite, if any, JRPG titles. And lets keep at Relatively newer ones.. like 2018 and forward if you can.

Just wondering im getting deeper into rpgs and i havnt really played a lot of JRPG titles mainly because they seem so aimed at younger audiances with the animations and dialogues, really just the content in general. Im wondering though if maybe ive missed some really dope titles along the way due to my prejudices. Lmk what you think

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7...ales_of_Arise/

The new rage

Haven’t played it but apparently amazing

Eŋg 09-13-2021 10:50 AM

the golden era of the jrpg was the nineties, even though most of my personal favourites are from the noughties

i have too many recommendations, even though i don't really play them anymore

i'm guessing you don't want something turn-based or tactical (much slower, more methodical and strategic combat) in nature, so i'd probably say something more action oriented

just get nier automata or ys ix

i can't really see you getting into a ff, dq or tales game, and i don't really know what their newer entires look like. each series is kinda uneven so i would only be suggesting specific older games tbh

if you're just wanting timesinks, try hollow knight, dead cells or hades (in that order). they're all really good (but not jrpgs).

Geno 09-13-2021 11:01 AM

Im actually ok with turned based. Huge dragon warrior/dragon quest fan

Just bought the 3rd installment of it for my switch its fire.

But ya. I do enjoy action rpg a little more i think..

Also.. @~RustyGunZ~

Tales of Arise looks dope. I might grab it for my ps5. Good call

Geno 09-13-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eŋg (Post 813326)
the golden era of the jrpg was the nineties, even though most of my personal favourites are from the noughties

i have too many recommendations, even though i don't really play them anymore

i'm guessing you don't want something turn-based or tactical (much slower, more methodical and strategic combat) in nature, so i'd probably say something more action oriented

just get nier automata or ys ix

i can't really see you getting into a ff, dq or tales game, and i don't really know what their newer entires look like. each series is kinda uneven so i would only be suggesting specific older games tbh

if you're just wanting timesinks, try hollow knight, dead cells or hades (in that order). they're all really good (but not jrpgs).

Also. In reaponse to nier automata. Im working on my second playthrough with the boy.. did you know that in order to get the full experience you have to finish it like 5 times? Each time you finish it, you start again from the beginning with a different character and get it from their perspective. 2b fine as fuck btw. That ass though

And i am already playing Ys 8 Lacrimosa of dana. Its dope. Am considering the 9th installment once ive finished it. Good calls

I have hollowknight. Its dope hades looks dope to.

Soule 09-13-2021 04:01 PM

YS: Memories of Celceta
YS: Origin
Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Trails of Cold Steel IV
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Final Fantasy VII REMAKE
Persona 5
Biomutant
Kingdom Hearts 3
Indivisible
Fire Emblem: Three Houses

UserName 09-13-2021 04:31 PM

Dragon Quest XI
Bravely Default 2
Xenoblade 2

Playing Tales of Arise now and it’s pretty god damn good. Possibly the best in the entire Tales series.

evaD 09-13-2021 04:39 PM

Fallout 1 and 2

bare ryu 09-13-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incredible (Post 813314)
I play fortnite

Geno 09-15-2021 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserName (Post 813343)
Dragon Quest XI
Bravely Default 2
Xenoblade 2

Playing Tales of Arise now and it’s pretty god damn good. Possibly the best in the entire Tales series.

Downloaded the ps5 version Demo. I gotta say, im pretty impressed with how dope it is. Not a huge fan of the button mapping, its way different from every other game and im always like... Why do that. But the combat visuals are DOPE. I think ill be grabbing this. Will be the first from the series that ive played.

Pakistani Hand Cannon 09-17-2021 10:57 AM

last long ass game i started playin was the witcher 3

had to drop it for a couple months

shit longer than a bitch

just picked it bk up from where i left it

geralt lowkey a g

my bad i aint got sht to add in terms of jrpgs

im just ouch'n this thread

UserName 09-17-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Earl (Post 813419)
Downloaded the ps5 version Demo. I gotta say, im pretty impressed with how dope it is. Not a huge fan of the button mapping, its way different from every other game and im always like... Why do that. But the combat visuals are DOPE. I think ill be grabbing this. Will be the first from the series that ive played.

I remapped basic attack to the jump button. Basically just swapped circle and R1 I think, and it feels much better.

Geno 09-20-2021 12:35 AM

Nice tip. Ill keep this in mind. Prolly end up doing the same or similar

White LGI 09-20-2021 12:36 AM

Lmao at playing games

Geno 09-20-2021 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pakistani Hand Cannon (Post 813532)
last long ass game i started playin was the witcher 3

had to drop it for a couple months

shit longer than a bitch

just picked it bk up from where i left it

geralt lowkey a g

my bad i aint got sht to add in terms of jrpgs

im just ouch'n this thread

Finished all of the witcher and dlcs. Cleaned every map of every possible destination. Took months. Easily the most complete and thorough game ever. Nothing compares.

Soule 09-20-2021 01:49 AM

Witcher 3 is easily top five.

Soule 09-20-2021 01:50 AM

Dragon Age Inquisition has a lot of similarities to Witcher 3 as far as gameplay goes. God of War on PS4 was also really dope and had some RPG-like elements to it like leveling up weapons and armor and learning or leveling up abilities. Great storyline too involving Nordic mythology.

Pakistani Hand Cannon 09-20-2021 05:19 PM

i'd prolly agree on the most thorough

& i dont even think im half way through the main story on that bitch

but the attention to detail is apparent off rip

i damn sure as shit aint cleaning up one map, let alone all of them lol