Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   GWL Archive (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=291)
-   -   GWL FINAL WEEK CHAT! (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=143691)

Inno 06-30-2020 09:50 PM

GWL FINAL WEEK CHAT!

CHAMP MATCH

@Universe vs @Johnny 6 feet

@Master Rock vs @Pharaohs Army

inno vs @Adverse

@Artifice vs @symetrik

FINAL WEEK!!!

OK FOLKS THIS IS IT. AS YO UCAN SEE THERE IS NO CONTENDERS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS. THIS IS THE FINAL WEEK THE FIRST EVER GUERRILLA WRITING LEAGUE. WE MADE IT!!!!!! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR CONTINUING TO MAKE THIS LEAGUE DOPE AS FUCK. ENJOY THIS WEEK!!!!

Johnny 6 feet 06-30-2020 10:00 PM

Did MMLP and brokenhal0 sign out?

Inno 06-30-2020 10:02 PM

nah just forgot them lol

Inno 06-30-2020 10:06 PM

send those challenge votes in folks!!!

Inno 06-30-2020 10:17 PM

all accomps updated.

Pharaohs Army 06-30-2020 10:58 PM

Can anyone tell what the words are on the boxes of mine&master rock's pic?
Illegible to me, but there are definitely words there.

Master Rock 06-30-2020 11:19 PM

One says school, for the others I might have to pull contrast to read it.

Adverse 06-30-2020 11:52 PM

Was going to write something outlandish and idiotic to end the season but Inno had to fuck around and get us a decent topic lol smh

Universe 07-01-2020 10:56 AM

I'll be handling the playoff seedings after this week, so no coasting, people. A win or a loss could be the difference between how high of a seeding you get come playoffs - and ultimately determine how difficult of a path you'll embark on to get to the Finals.

This will be a 12 person playoff, or if we don't get 12 sign ins then we drop down to nearest EVEN number. Seedings based on Win/Loss record, quality of competition, AND previous accolades. For example, if Blue Bayou signs in, even with his 1-2 record, he will be placed closer to the middle of the pack based on his track record. This will ensure top seeds are guaranteed the easiest paths to the Finals, as deserved.

Seedings will work as follows:

#1 vs. #12
#2 vs. #11
#3 vs. #10
#4 vs. #9
#5 vs. #8
#6 vs. #7

The second round will follow suit - the top seed left will face the lowest seed left, etc.

Bring your best this week everyone... It might just matter.

* Please note that overall level of participation will take precedence over first come first serve when playoff sign ins start. We want people that have been here for a few weeks over newbies.

Universe 07-01-2020 11:17 AM

Only thing we need to decide is if there's 10 or 12 seeds then we will end up with an odd man out either in the 3rd or 4th rounds, depending on how many ppl.are in. In that case, we could either do a triple threat Finals/Semi's OR let the top seed left have a bye week...

16 seeds would work out with no triple threat or bye weeks but I doubt we will get 16 sign ins lol.

Thoughts?

Inno 07-01-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universe (Post 778824)
Only thing we need to decide is if there's 10 or 12 seeds then we will end up with an odd man out either in the 3rd or 4th rounds, depending on how many ppl.are in. In that case, we could either do a triple threat Finals/Semi's OR let the top seed left have a bye week...

16 seeds would work out with no triple threat or bye weeks but I doubt we will get 16 sign ins lol.

Thoughts?

I’m loving this. We should if we do open sign ups.

After this week is over we will take a short week off to gather signs and organize for the playoffs.

As well as give some people a chance to rest their pens for the real season lol

Universe 07-03-2020 07:05 AM

I hope everyone sees and understands what @Adverse did with his Pic Challenge verse this week... beauty.

@Inno @Scar - votes needed for Year End Awards. The winners are starting to take shape but still a couple ties. Very close.

MMLP 07-03-2020 09:50 AM

Signing out lads, just aint got the time to write atm, which sucks cuz I was motivated when I joined back up

ill try n muster something up for my battle.. which uni forgot LOL

and hopefully drop a few votes

Adverse 07-03-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universe (Post 779101)
I hope everyone sees and understands what @Adverse did with his Pic Challenge verse this week... beauty.

Thanks Uni, I thought it would be a cool and appropriate way to wrap the season up!

Johnny 6 feet 07-03-2020 12:18 PM

If anyone needs help with the mag give us a PM. I've got time to chip in.

An FYI to the other mods, Universe asked if we go 80 lines for our battle and I agreed to it. So strap yourselves in Ladies and Gentlemen because, as the actress said to the bishop, 'It's gonna be a long one.' :)

Inno 07-03-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universe (Post 779101)

@Inno @Scar - votes needed for Year End Awards. The winners are starting to take shape but still a couple ties. Very close.

My bad keep forgetting I got you tho

Scar 07-04-2020 01:20 PM

happy 4th everyone. stay safe and drunk.

Johnny 6 feet 07-04-2020 06:19 PM

Posted. Champ match is open for voting. Good luck Universe.

Inno 07-04-2020 06:23 PM

@Adverse @Johnny 6 feet

Unfortunately some real life shit is happening right now and it looks like I won’t be around for playoffs. I might be awol for a couple of weeks.

Sorry guys. Hope playoffs go well

Johnny 6 feet 07-04-2020 07:02 PM

@Inno it's cool man. Real life is more important than an online topical league. I'm sure we can manage. Hope you're doing ok.